break up
分手
Amanda broke up with me last year, but I still love her.
阿曼达去年跟我分手了,但是我还爱她。
go through
经历
John went through many difficulties before he succeeded.
约翰在成功之前经历了许多困难。
dump
甩掉(某人)
Amanda dumped Sam because he had been cheating on her.
阿曼达把萨姆甩了,因为萨姆对她不忠。
get over
克服...的痛苦
Mr. Simpson hasn't gotten over the death of his wife yet.
直到现在,辛普森先生仍然无法忘怀妻子的过世。
I have a crush on you.
我爱恋你。
I had a first date with my crush yesterday.
昨天我和暗恋对象第一次约会。
A: John, you haven't been yourself lately. Is anything wrong?
约翰,你最近状态不太好,哪里不对劲吗?
B: To tell you the truth, Amanda. I have a lot on my mind and I'm so depressed.
阿曼达说老实话,我心事重重,好郁闷啊。
A: If you need to talk, I'm all ears.
如果你需要谈一谈,我洗耳恭听。
B: That's so kind of you. It's my girlfriend, she broke up with me.
你人真好,是我的女朋友,她跟我分手了。
A: I understand what you are going through. My boyfriend dumped me last week.
我了解你的遭遇,我男朋友上周把我甩了。
B: Really? Do you need to talk?
真的吗?你要不要谈一下呢?
A: No. My heart sank when he told me. But now, I feel great. I'm glad we parted.
不用了,他跟我说的时候我心里一沉,不过我现在感觉好极了,我很庆幸我们分手了。
B: Wow! How did you get over it so quickly?
哇,你怎么这么快就走出来了?
A: By hearing that your girlfriend wants to break up with you. Now we can start dating. I've always had a crush on you, John.
因为我听到你的女朋友想跟你分手,我们现在可以开始约会了。约翰,我一直暗恋着你。
B: Awesome, I don't feel depressed anymore.
太棒了,我再也不感到沮丧了。
adj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平