1. Expression:kiss one’s ass
Explanation:To fawn over someone; to flatter and curry favor with someone. (奉承某人,拍某人的马屁)
Example:It's no wonder you're the teacher's favorite from the way you kiss her ass!
从你奉承老师的样子来看,难怪你是老师的宠物。
Look, it's just the nature of this business that sometimes you have to kiss ass if you want to get ahead.
听着,这生意的本质就是如果你想出人头地,有时候就得拍马屁。
He looks for courtesy from his subordinates but he doesn't expect them to kiss his ass.
他期待下属对他谦恭有礼,而不希望他们拍马奉承。
He must woo and kiss the official’s ass because without his goodwill he will be deprived of information.
他必须讨好和奉承这个官员,因为没有官员的善意,他就搞不到情况。
Explanation 2:收拾某人
Example:A:Come one, dude. Let’s go to the movies.
来吧,伙计,咱们去看电影。
B:I warn you that I am not straight. Don’t mess with me unless you want me to kick your ass.
我警告你我不是同性恋。别来烦我,除非你想让我揍你一顿。
2. Expression:asshole
Explanation:A rude, annoying, or mean person; a jerk. (粗鲁的、令人讨厌的或卑鄙的人,一个混蛋)
Example:Ugh, that guy is such an asshole—don't even bother talking to him.
呃,那个家伙真是个混蛋,根本不用和他说话。
Can you believe that asshole just spilled his coffee on me and didn’t even apologize?
你能相信吗——那个混蛋把咖啡洒在我身上,甚至都不道歉?
3. Expression:tear one a new asshole
Explanation:To criticize, berate, or upbraid one in an extremely belligerent and angry manner. (严厉批评,斥责或训斥某人)
Example:Oh man, the boss is going to tear me a new asshole when he finds out what happened!
天哪,老板要是发现了这件事,一定会骂我的!
I hope the government tears that company a new asshole for what they did.
我希望政府因这家公司所做的行为而进行严厉地批评。