Potter!Snape's face was twisted with fury as he dropped his robes quickly to hide his leg.
波特!斯内普赶紧放下长袍,挡住他的伤腿。他气得脸都歪了。
Harry gulped. I just wondered if I could have my book back.
哈利喘不过气来。我想知道我能不能拿回我的书。
Get out! Out!
滚出去!出去!
Harry left, before Snape could take any more points from Gryffindor. He sprinted back upstairs.
哈利不等斯内普给格兰芬多扣分,就赶紧离开了。他一路狂奔着上了楼。
Did you get it?Ron asked as Harry joined them. What's the matter?
书拿到了吗?哈利回到罗恩和赫敏身边时,罗恩问道,怎么回事?
In a low whisper, Harry told them what he'd seen.
哈利压低声音,把刚才看到的一切都告诉了他们。
You know what this means?he finished breathlessly. He tried to get past that three-headed dog at Halloween!
知道这意味着什么吗?最后,他屏住呼吸说道,万圣节前夕,他想从那条三个脑袋的大狗身边通过!
That's where he was going when we saw him,he's after whatever it's guarding!
当时我们看见他时,他正要往那里去——他在寻找大狗看守的那件东西!
And Id bet my broomstick he let that troll in, to make a diversion!
我敢用我的飞天扫帚打赌,是他放那头巨怪进来的,为了转移人们的注意力!
Hermione's eyes were wide.
赫敏的眼睛睁得圆圆的。
No,he wouldn't, she said. I know he's not very nice, but he wouldn't try and steal something Dumbledore was keeping safe.
不……他不会的,她说,我知道他不太好,但他决不会去偷邓布利多严加收藏的东西。
Honestly, Hermione, you think all teachers are saints or something,snapped Ron. I'm with Harry. I wouldn't put anything past Snape.
说老实话,赫敏,你总认为所有的老师都是圣人。罗恩很不客气地说,我同意哈利的话。我认为斯内普什么事都做得出来。
But what's he after? What's that dog guarding?
可是他在寻找什么呢?那只大狗在看守什么?
Harry went to bed with his head buzzing with the same question. Neville was snoring loudly, but Harry couldn't sleep.
哈利上床时,脑子里还嗡嗡地响着这个问题。纳威发出了响亮的鼾声,哈利却久久无法入睡。
He tried to empty his mind—he needed to sleep, he had to, he had his first Quidditch match in a few hours,
他想排除杂念——他需要睡觉,他必须睡觉,再过几个小时,他就要参加他的第一场魁地奇比赛了
but the expression on Snape's face when Harry had seen his leg wasn't easy to forget.
但是,刚才他看见斯内普的腿时,斯内普脸上的表情总令他难以忘记。