I still reacall the accident.
我还记得那次事故的场景。
I had an audacious attitude back then.
当时我态度鲁莽。
I remember being very upset at my brother and telling him,"you have the audacity to call me a coward when you won't even try."
我记得我很恼火我的弟弟,还跟他说:“你自己都没试过,怎么能厚颜无耻的叫我胆小鬼!”
Neither of us knew how unstable and heavy that auger bit was.
我们两个都不知道钻孔机的钻头会那么不结实,又那么重。
Then I felt the numbing pain of the auger bit crushing my back.
然后,钻孔机钻头压断了我的后背,我痛的几乎麻木了。
I can still see the ambulance attendants, in their clean white attire, attending to my injury.
我现在还能回想起穿干净白大褂的救护车救护人员,他们照料我的伤势。
I think my voice was barely audible.
我想当时我得声音肯定小的没人能听见。
The doctors were able to attach supporting metal pins to my spine, but I've yet to walk.
虽说医生能在我的脊椎上,绑些金属支撑钉,我还是不能走路。
My whole body seems to be in a state of atrophy.
我的整个身体似乎出于萎缩状态,
But I've never given up to hope.
但我从没放弃希望。
One of my strongest attributes is patience.
我最坚强的品质之一就是有耐心。
Someday, I'll attain the use of my legs again.
总有一天,我将会再次获得一双能走路的腿。
Fortunately, my attorney helped me to obtain compensation for my injuries.
幸亏我的律师帮我拿到了伤害赔偿金,
The extra money helps to augment my monthly income.
这笔钱增加了我的月收入。
I still work as an accountant, auditing the books of small companies.
我还在做会计,替一些小公司查账。不
But I only work part-time, and later this year, I plan to retire.
过,我只是兼职。我打算下半年退休,
It looks like my company will reduce its staff through attrition.
因为我所在的那家公司似乎要通过自然减员来精简编制。
I'd like to spend more time with my family now.
我想有更多的时间与我的家人在一起。
I have a strong attachment to my wonderful and energeic daughter.
我和我那个精力充沛的宝贝女儿感情很深。
Everyone loves her.
每个人都喜欢她。
It's as though she emits an aura.
她似乎散发着青春的气息。
This afternoon, I'll be taking her to the school auditorium so that she can attend an audition for a part in the school play.
今天下午,我要送她去学校大礼堂,她将参加学校话剧中的一个角色试演。
Next winter, we'll be taking a trip to Alaska to see the aurora borealis!
明年冬天,我们要去阿拉斯加看北极光。