口语精华:
1. I don't like your tone.
我不喜欢你讲话的语气。
2. Good to the last drop.
(广告词)滴滴精华,意犹未尽
3. You still haven't filled out.
你身材还没走样(变胖)呢。/你身材还保持得很好。
4. That's not always a bad thing.
有时这倒是件好事。
5. I'll walk you out.
我送你出去。
6. We should catch up.
我们得聚一聚。
7. We're on the case.
我们正在跟进这个案子/这件事情。
8. I was raised that men don't wear jewelry.
小时候我就被教育说男人是不戴珠宝首饰的。
9. It's the lay of the land.
这是当前的形势(这是大势所趋)。
10. We're known for our service.
我们是以服务著称(闻名)的。
11. He's very determined.
他很有主见。
12. a bunch of excuses
一堆借口。
经典对白:
1. Don: Part of this job is doing things you don't wanna do.
这个工作的一部分,就是要做你不想做的事情。
2. Dr. Pallham: Our research uncovered a variety of options they utilize to attract your desired customers.
我们的报告发现,他们(高级商场)用了各种方法来吸引你们所期望的顾客。
3. Dr. Pallham: This "less is more" philosophy is also efferent in the window displays. For example, only one sweater to a window, as opposed to windows stuffed with merchandise.
这种“物稀为贵”的理念同样在橱窗陈列中传递出来。例如,一个橱窗只有一件毛衣,与那些将橱窗挤满商品的做法截然相反。