口语精华:
1. I won't let you down.
我不会让你失望的。
2. Don't you think you owe me an apology?
你不觉得应该向我道歉吗?
3. No discussions.
没得商量。
4. I didn't bring it up.
我没有提起(这件事)。
5. It will only take a sec.
就一会儿。
6. That's all I'm trying to say.
我要说的就是这些了。
7. I wish I could agree with that.
我希望我能同意(可惜我不同意)。
8. She tries to put on a brave face.
她尽量假装成勇敢的样子。
9. You're all in on it together.
你们是一伙的。
10. I figure I might as well say it.
我认为我最好还是说出来。
11. My dad has been having some health problems.
我爸爸身体不是很好。
12. Listen, this may be truly rude, but I was wondering.
是这样的,可能有点唐突,但我想知道(能否请你帮个忙)。
13. That's not the way to behave.
这种行为是不礼貌的。
14. I'm warming to the place.
我越来越喜欢这个地方了。
经典对白:
1. Pete: Look, if we can persuade you to stay in town another 24 hours, back at the Saint Regis, of course, it would give us a chance to come up with something with more impact.
瞧,如果我们可以说服您在城里多待24小时,当然是回到St.Regins(酒吧),这样我们还有一次机会再提出一些更有冲击力的想法。
2. Don: While I was breaking my neck trying to fix the hash he made yesterday, he was out at the St.Regis pitching copy. His copy!
当我拼命想办法修补他昨天捅的娄子时,他却在St.Regis(酒吧)向客户讲述文案,他自己的文案。
3. Roger: No joke. Your kind, with your gloomy thoughts and your worries, you're all busy licking some imaginary wound.
不是开玩笑,你们(这类人)总是带着悲观的思想和担忧;你们总是忙于舔着假想出来的伤口。
Don: Not all imaginary. Maybe I'm not as comfortable being powerless as you are.
不全是假想出来的。或许我不像你那样能够适应无能为力的感觉。
4. Roger: I bet daily friendship with that bottle attracts more people to advertising than any salary you could dream of.
我敢打赌,每天都可以亲近那个瓶子(喝酒)这项,就能够吸引更多人投身广告业,比任何理想薪水更吸引。