And he just put it right into the production. I mean, can you imagine that?
他就把这一段编进舞蹈,你能想像吗?
Like in classical ballet. You know, a dancer intentionally falling.
古典芭蕾舞伶不会故意摔倒。
There's a whole new word for dance now. It's called abstract.
这是全新的舞蹈风格,这叫抽象舞。
He's not the only one, though.
不是只有他这么做。
There's Lincoln Kirstein and Lucia Chase...
还有柯尔斯坦和蔡斯。
and oh, my, there's Agnes de Mille.
天啊,还有德米尔。
She's torn up all those conventions, all that straight up and down stuff.
她打破所有传统,彻底颠覆正统的芭蕾舞。
It's not about the formality of the dance, it's about what the dancer's feeling.
重点是舞者的感觉,不是形式。
And she told me about this big new world.
她让我看到全新的世界。
Names that didn't mean a thing to me.
好多我没听过的名字。
I didn't really hear very much of what she was saying.
我不是很了解她说的话。
It's new and it's modern and it's American.
只知道很新颖、很摩登、很美式。
They understand our vigor and our physicality.
他们了解舞者的活力和身体。
Oh, my God. I've just been talking and talking.
天啊,我一直讲个不停。
No, no, I've enjoyed listening.
没关系,我喜欢听。
I didn't know you smoked .
我不知道你食烟。
I'm old enough.
我年纪够大了。
I'm old enough for a lot of things.
我年纪够做很多事情。
In New York, we stay up all night.
我们在纽约都玩到天光。
Watch the sun come up over the warehouses.
看着太阳从仓库上面升起。
There's always something to do.
总是有好玩的事可做。