妙语佳句:
No. I popped in for a night or two.我只是过来住上一两宿
pop in:偶尔或突然访问
I may pop in to see you next month.
我也许在下个月里来看你。
If you're ever passing,pop in and see me.
如果你什么时候路过,就来看看我。
And here I am, stealing her away.而现在我却要把她拐跑了
steal away:偷走
Let us steal away tomorrow morning.
我们要在明天早晨悄悄地溜走。
Take time when time cometh,lest time steal away.
时来必须要趁时,不然时去无声息。
Listen, uh...I had no idea your mom was in town.听着...我不知道你妈妈过来了
have no idea:一点不知道, 听也没有听过
I have no idea (as to) what you mean.
我一点儿也不明白你的意思。
We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.
我们不知道如何说服他放弃这个念头。
考考你:
听着...我不知道你妈妈过来了。
我只是过来住上一两宿。
上期答案:
I believe there was a mistake when Sally was born.
do you think I don't recognize a scam?