People do go around armed these days.
现在人们出门都会武装自身
If I shot you, john - You’re immortal?
如果我向你开枪 你会不死吗?
Would you survive this?
你能幸存吗?
I never said I was immortal, just old.
我从没说过我是不死之身 只是个老人
I might die.
我也许会死
And then you could wonder
然后你就可以
The rest of your incarcerated life what you shot.
在监狱里思考你射中了什么
Well, uh, may I?
呃 我可以 ?
Preferable to a gun.
更希望是支枪
Will, that was a bit much.
威尔 你太过了
Ooh. Books.
哦 是书
Doctorates.
博士学位
Yes, you have grown and changed.
是 你是长大了 改变了
But there is always innate nature.
但人总有些天性
Wouldn’t you be more comfortable
你会喜欢在
Squatting in the backyard?
后院里蹲着吗?
Sometimes I do, will.
有时候会威尔
Look up at the stars.
抬头望天
Wonder.
思考
And what did primitive man make of them?
那么原始人对它们怎么看?
A great mystery.
一团迷惑
There were gods up there then.
那时天上住着神仙
Shamans who knew about them told us.
能窥探天机的萨满法师告诉我们的
They still do.
他们仍然能
Have you ever wished it would end?
有时你希望生命结束吗?
No.
不
Fourteen thousand years.
1’4000年
Injuries, illness, disasters
受伤 生病 天灾.
You’ve survived them all.
你统统克服了
You’re a very lucky man.
你非常幸运
Come in.
进来
John oldman?
约翰 奥德曼?
Yes.
是的
Charity now. We’re here to pick up the furniture
我们是慈善会的 我们来这里收家具.
It’s all yours.
都归你们了
Here, take this chair.
来 把这椅子拿走
I’m gonna go drink in the corner.
我到角落里去喝
You’re, uh... you’re donating it?
你 你捐了它们?
Everything?
所有家具?
I’ll get more.
我会拥有更多的
Do you always travel this light?
你每次都轻装上路吗?
It’s the only way to move.
这是唯一的方法
Oh, you
哦
You’ve talked a good deal
你已经谈了很多
About your extraordinary amount of living.
关于生存的奇迹
What do you think of dying, john?
你对死亡怎么看?
Do you fear death?
你害怕死亡吗?
Who wouldn’t?
谁不害怕?
How did primitive man regard death?
原始人怎么看待死亡?
Well, we had the practical concept.
我们已有实际的概念
You know, we stopped,
人们停止
Fell down, didn’t get up,
倒下 再也不起来
Started to smell bad, come apart.
开始变臭 分解