My parents are dead,and we live with my mother's brother:
我说,父母死后我们住在舅舅家。
He's a shoe-maker in Ely Street and I work for him.
他是埃利街的一个鞋匠,我为他打工。
What do you do?
你现在干什么?
I go to Mr Jenkins' school in Church Street,Will said.
我在教堂街詹金斯先生的学校就读,威尔说,
Every day,from seven o'clock until five o'clock.
每天从上午7点到下午5点上学,
Not Sundays,of course.
当然不包括星期天。
I was sorry for him.
我真为他难过。
Isn't is boring?I asked.
这难道不乏味吗?我问道。
Sometimes.Usually it's all right.
偶尔有这种感觉,不过通常觉得学校的生活也不错。
He lay back and put his hands behind his head.
他仰身躺下,双手枕着头,在学校,
But we have to read and learn all these Latin writers.
我们不得不学习所有那些拉丁作家的作品。
I want to read modern writers,and Eng-lish writers,like Geoffrey Chaucer.
可我只想阅读现代作家和英国作家的作品,比如杰弗利·乔叟。
Can you read?he asked.
你会看书吗?他问道。
Of course I can read!
当然会啦!
I said.I went to school.
我说,我上过学。