本段对话选自The Big Bang Theroy,《生活大爆炸》
Police:Thank you for filing a complaint with my superior, Dr. Cooper.
警察:多谢你向我上级投诉我,库珀博士。
I understand you want to recant your statement about Howard Wolowitz.
我明白你想要撤销对霍华德?沃罗威茨的说辞。
Sheldon:Yes.
谢耳朵:没错。
Police:Was your statement untrue?
警察:你的说辞是假的吗?
Sheldon:No.
谢耳朵:是真的。
Police:Then I'm afraid you can't withdraw it.
警察:那我恐怕你没法撤销。
Sheldon:I'm sorry. I don't recall you saying "No backsies."
谢耳朵:不好意思,你可没说"不许反悔"。
Police:Is there anything else?
警察:还有其它事吗?
Sheldon:Yes. I'd like to offer a laudatory statement about Howard's many excellent qualities that I believe will tip the scales back in his favor.
谢耳朵:有的。我想发表一番对霍华德许多优秀品质的赞美我相信这能扭转局势。
"Howard Joel Wolowitz.
霍华德?约尔?沃罗威茨。
H is for honesty, of which he has much.
H 代表诚实 他的确相当诚实 "
"O's for outstanding, "Which he is such.
O 代表杰出,他也正是如此。
"W's for witty, he's quick with a joke.
W 代表风趣,他的确很会讲笑话。
A's for artistic, his ability..."
A 代表艺术才华 他可以…
Police:I'm sorry. Dr. Cooper, this matter is already closed.
警察:我很抱歉,库珀博士,这没得谈了。
Sheldon:But I still have "rd Joel Wolowitz" Left to go.
谢耳朵:但名字的剩余部分我还没说完呢。
Police:It's closed.
警察:这事儿已经完结了。