本段对话选自The Vampire Diaires,《吸血鬼日记》
John:I'm not gonna let you sell my brother's office.
约翰:我不会让你把我哥哥的办公室卖掉的。
Jenna:It's not up you or me.
珍娜:这不是你或我可以决定的。
It belongs to Jeremy and Elena.
杰米和艾莲娜才有权决定。
John:But they're minors, so I get the final say,being that I'm the estate's trustee.
约翰:但是他们还小所以最后我说了算,我才是遗产受托人。
Elena:He said his trip is openended.
艾莲娜:他说他这趟来没定什么时候回去。
Matt:Uncle John. I never really liked that guy.
马特:我一点都不喜欢约翰叔叔。
Elena:Heh. Does anyone?
艾莲娜:有人喜欢么?
Matt:I am here for moral support if you need me.
马特:我永远在精神上支持你。
Elena:Thanks. I think I'll suffer this one alone.
艾莲娜:谢了,我想这次我得独自忍受了。
You've been through enough.
你已经承受够多的了
Matt:Thank you, by the way, for just... for everything you did at Vicki's funeral and her memorial.
马特:顺便说句谢谢你,为了... 为了你在维姬葬礼和悼念会上所做的一切。
I couldn't have done it without you.
没有你我就撑不住了。
Elena:Of course, Matt.
艾莲娜:马特,这是应该的。
So is Caroline still baking for you guys around the clock?
卡洛琳还整天给你们做饭?
Matt:She finally went to her dad's, which is a good thing, because my mom was gonna strangle her if she dropped off more lasagna.
马特:她终于去她爸爸那儿了这是件好事,因为如果她再做烤面条我妈妈真要杀了她。
Elena:Oh.
艾莲娜:噢。