本段对话选自Lost,《迷失》
Elsa:What sort of business brings you to Berlin?
艾尔莎:你来柏林有何贵干?
Sayid:I'm a headhunter. A corporate recruiter. What do you do?
萨义德:我是个猎头。就是招聘专员。你做什么工作?
Elsa:My employer is an economist. He works in emerging markets.
艾尔莎:我的老板是个经济学家。他专门研究新兴市场。
Actually, I…7I don't really understand what he does, which doesn't matter since all I do is shop for him.
事实上,我不太了解他的工作。不过这没关系,因为我只是帮他购物就行了。
And if this goes off, I'm at his side instantly, which is wonderful since he's only in Berlin once or twice a year.
如果这东西响了,我就得马上出现在他面前。不过他一年只来柏林一两次,所以其实这差事很棒。
Sayid:Which is why you're enjoying a luxuriously long midday coffee.
萨义德:所以你才能在这里享受奢侈的午间咖啡。
Elsa:Yes.
艾尔莎:是啊。
Sayid:Thank you.
萨义德:谢谢。
Elsa:Do I... know you from somewhere?
艾尔莎:我是不是在哪见过你?
Sayid:I'll tell you exactly where you know me from... if you let me take you to dinner.
萨义德:我可以告诉你在哪里见过我,如果你允许我请你吃晚饭的话。
Elsa:This is the restaurant you're taking me to tonight. 8 o'clock.
艾尔莎:这是今晚请我吃饭的餐馆。8 点。
Well... if you can find it.
当然,如果你能找的到。