本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》
Wilhelmina:Daniel doesn't have to know about this.
惠乐曼:丹尼尔不需要了解这些。
Secrets can stay between friends, right?
朋友之间应该能保守秘密, 对吗?
Betty:Friends?
贝蒂:朋友?
Wilhelmina:Well, at "Mode," I think of all of us as family... and family sticks together through the good times and the bad.
惠乐曼:嗯, 在《时尚》我认为我们是一个大家庭...一家人要一起同甘共苦。
Do you know Rodrigo in styles?
你认识设计部的罗德里格吗?
Betty:Sure. He has great taste.
贝蒂:认识, 他品味很不错。
Wilhelmina:Impeccable,
惠乐曼:好极了,
but you wouldn't know that if an anonymous donor hadn't paid his way through design school.
要不是有个匿名捐赠者替他付设计学校的学费的话,你就没机会认识他了。
Betty... strong people are the ones who ask for help.
贝蒂...聪明人是会寻求帮助的。
Betty:Um... my father, uh...
嗯...我父亲, 呃...
is going through some... some legal problems,
碰到了一些...一些法律问题,
and my family was told that for a good, supposedly great, lawyer,
我的家人得知要请一个好的, 有用的律师,
it would cost us $20,000.
要花20000美元。
Wilhelmina:Well, Betty, I have a daughter I would do anything for,
好吧, Betty, 我有个女儿,为了她我可以不惜一切。
just as you would do anything for your father,
就象你会为了你父亲不惜一切,
I'm sure.
我很肯定。
Betty:What do you want in return?
贝蒂:你想要什么作回报?
Wilhelmina:Is that something you ask family?
惠乐曼:你也会跟家人这么问吗?