Read her the first passage.
给她读第一段
"I'll never forget the night Victoria and I met.
"我永远不会忘记和维多利亚相遇的那一晚
"New year's eve,
那是1991年
"1991.
元旦
"In her eyes, I saw kindness and fire
在她的眼中 我看到了善良和热情
"and something else--
还有一种
"a deep sadness to match my own.
让我与之共鸣的深深忧郁
"It had been two years since I had said good-bye to my wife.
那时距离我和我妻子分手已有两载
"And the pain of that loss was as crippling on that night
而由分手带给我的伤痛在那一夜
As it was the day I laid eyes on her for the last time."
因我的眼光落在她的身上而开始痊愈"
Let's cut to the chase, shall we? How much?
我们还是直入主题吧 多少钱
For the journal. How much?
这本日记 开价多少
I don't want your money.
我不想要你的钱
Then pray, what do you want?
那么拜托 你想要什么
I want to know about my mother.
我想知道我母亲的事情
Read her the next passage.
给她读下一段
"the only person to whom I ever confided the truth about Kara
"关于卡拉 我只对维多利亚
was Victoria."
吐露过实情"
What truth is he talking about?
他说的实情是什么事
All I know is what he told me.
我只知道他告诉过我
That your mother died in a mental institution
在你很小的时候 你母亲就已经
when you were a very little girl.
在精神病院里死了