Mari: Hey, Mike, how's it going?
马里:嗨,迈克,最近怎么样?
Mike: Good! How are you?
迈克:很好!你呢?
Mari: I'm alright. So you're from Florida right?
马里:我还好。你来自佛罗里达州,对吧?
Mike: Well, actually, I went to college in Florida.
迈克:准确地说,我是在佛罗里达州上的大学。
Mari: Why did you choose Florida?
马里:你为什么选择在佛罗里达上大学?
Mike: Well, the weather is similar to Hawaii, where I'm from, and I also got a scholarship to play soccer.
迈克:那里的天气和我的家乡夏威夷差不多,而且我因为踢足球获得了那所大学的奖学金。
Mari: Oh, wow, so you play soccer.
马里:哦,哇,你踢足球。
Mike: Yeah, I played midfield for my college for four years.
迈克:对,我在大学踢了四年中场。
Mari: Wow, you must be really good.
马里:哇,那你一定很棒。
Mike: I don't know about that.
迈克:这个我可说不好。
Mari: Where was your university?
马里:你上的大学在哪里?
Mike: It was in the Tampa Bay area, right on the bay, on Tampa Bay, and it's surrounded by the city of Tampa and Clearwater.
迈克:在坦帕湾地区,在坦帕市和克利尔沃特附近。
Mari: So what is there to do in Tampa Bay?
马里:在坦帕市可以做什么?
Mike: There's a lot of things. You can go fishing, boating, sailing, or kayaking. We used to do all of that when I was there.
迈克:有很多事情可以做。可以去钓鱼、划船、出海、玩皮划艇。我在那里的时候经常进行这些活动。
Mari: Wow, sounds like a really great city.
马里:哇,听起来那真是一个很棒的城市。
Mike: Yeah, it was really fun if you like the outdoors type of thing.
迈克:对,如果你喜欢户外运动,会很有意思。
Mari: Do you think it's the best city in Florida?
马里:你认为那里是佛罗里达州最棒的城市吗?
Mike: Yeah, I think it's a good location. It's right in the middle of Florida so you can go to Miami. It's a few hours away drive, or to Orlando, that has Disneyworld.
迈克:对,坦帕市地理位置优越,位于佛罗里达州中心,从那里去迈阿密很方便。开车只需要几个小时的时间,去奥兰多的迪士尼乐园也很方便。
Mari: Wow. Sounds like a really great place. Can you tell me about the weather?
马里:哇。听起来真是一个好地方。你能说一下那里的天气情况吗?
Mike: The weather's really nice in Florida most of the year, which is one reason why I went from Hawaii but in the summer time it gets really hot and when it gets hot you really need air-conditioning, but that's not problem.
迈克:佛罗里达州一年大部分时间的天气都不错,这也是我从夏威夷去那里上大学的原因之一,不过夏天的时候会非常热,所以需要空调,不过这并不是问题。
Mari: Does it rain?
马里:下雨吗?
Mike: Actually in the summertime, there's really bad lighting storms. It's always... It lasts for about half an hour but it's always between three and five o'clock in the evening.
迈克:夏天会有严重的暴风雨。暴雨会持续半个小时左右,通常是在下午三点到五点时间下雨。
Mari: Sounds pretty scary?
马里:听起来很可怕。
Mike: Yeah, but when you're inside it's OK. It's kind of cool to watch.
迈克:对,不过在室内还好。看着外面下雨感觉很酷。
Mari: Is there something you don't like about Florida?
马里:佛罗里达州有你不喜欢的地方吗?
Mike: The only thing I don't like is the bugs. There's so many bugs, especially during summer time. And really scary ants, and bugs you can't even see and they end up biting you.
迈克:我唯一不喜欢的就是虫子。那里有非常多的虫子,夏天更是饱受虫子的困扰。非常可怕的蚂蚁还有你都没见过的虫子会咬你。
Mari: Wow. Sounds pretty scary.
马里:哇,听起来太可怕了。
Mike: Yeah, but as long as you have bug repellant when you go outside in the summer, there's no problem.
迈克:对,不过夏天外出时只要擦一些驱虫剂就没问题了。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载