Crystal: Hey, George, actually it's funny that you mentioned relationships cause I'm actually having a problem with Joe.
克里斯托尔:嘿,乔治,正好你提到了情侣有关系,我和乔之间出了点儿问题。
George: Is that the guy with the curly hair?
乔治:是那个头发卷卷的男生吗?
Crystal: Yeah, that guy. He's really nice and everything, but like I really don't think it's working out.
克里斯托尔:对,就是他。他人很好,什么都好,可是我就是觉得我们俩不适合。
George: Why what's wrong?
乔治:为什么?有什么问题?
Crystal: Well, he's really narrow-minded and I'm really different. We just ... he's nice and everything. He's kind and sweet, and it's just not for me, like we're totally different people.
克里斯托尔:他思想狭隘,而我和他完全相反。他人很好,善良又温柔,可是我不是这样,我们是完全不同的两个人。
George: I see. So what are you going to do?
乔治:我明白了。那你打算怎么做?
Crystal: I think I have to rip the band-aid and I think I'm just gonna send him an e-mail or something.
克里斯托尔:我想长痛不如短痛,我打算给他发封电子邮件说分手。
George: E-mail! But you've been dating for awhile now and you like him right?
乔治:电子邮件!可是你们已经约会一段时间了,你喜欢他,不是吗?
Crystal: Yeah, we're like so sweet together, but it's just ... I don't see a future.
克里斯托尔:是,我们在一起时很美好,可是……我看不到未来。
George: But isn't an e-mail just a little too cold and he might tell other people about it, and rumors spreading and what not.
乔治:可是用电子邮件分手是不是太冷漠了?他可能会和其他人说这件事,这样谣言就会传播开来。
Crystal: OK, then, what do you think I should do? How should I do it?
克里斯托尔:那你认为我应该怎么做?我怎么做才合适?
George: You should probably just meet him face-to-face?
乔治:或许你应该和他面对面说清楚。
Crystal: Ugh! Face-to-face. OK. Where should I meet him? Like do you think I should just invite him over to my place?
克里斯托尔:啊!面对面。好,那我应该在哪里和他见面?你认为我应该请他去我家吗?
George: You should probably do it in public, where, you know...
乔治:你最好约他在公共场所见面,你知道的……
Crystal: Ooh, good, good, good, good. That's better.
克里斯托尔:哦,好,好,这很好,很好。这样更好。
George: Maybe that cafe.
乔治:可以在那家咖啡厅。
Crystal: Ah, that cafe. Yeah.
克里斯托尔:啊,那家咖啡厅。对。
George: While I'm having my date, you can be breaking up with your boyfriend. It'll be great!
乔治:我约会时,你可以和你男友分手。那样不错!
Crystal: You're so mean.
克里斯托尔:你太坏了。
George: I'm sorry. That was uncalled for.
乔治:抱歉。我失言了。
Crystal: I don't know what to say. What do you think would hurt him less?
克里斯托尔:我不知道要怎么和他说。你认为怎么说对他的伤害小些?
George: I gotta say honesty would be the best policy.
乔治:我认为你最好实话实说。
Crystal: Honesty. OK, so this is what I'm going to say. Joe, you're great, but we're not meant to be. How's that?
克里斯托尔:实话实说。好,那我就这样说,乔,你非常好,可是我们不应该在一起。这么说怎么样?
George: Yeah, it's great. It's great.
乔治:好,这个不错。这个很好。
Crystal: OK, so, OK, OK, I'm done. I think I'll meet him at the cafe, and OK, things will work from then. I'll improvise.
克里斯托尔:好,好,搞定了。我想我会约他在那家咖啡厅见面,然后和他说清楚。我可以看情况组织语言。
George: Great.
乔治:很好。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载