A decent Headmaster would never've let slime like that Creevey in."
一个体面的校长决不会让克里维那样的笨蛋进入学校。”
Malfoy started taking pictures with an imaginary camera and did a cruel but accurate impression of Colin:"Potter, can I have your picture, Potter? Can I have your autograph? Can I lick your shoes, please, Potter?"
马尔福假装用一只照相机开始拍照,恶毒然而逼真地模仿科林:“波特,我能给你照一张相片吗?波特,我可以得到你的亲笔签名吗?我可以舔舔你的鞋子吗?求求你了,波特。”
He dropped his hands and looked at Harry and Ron. "What's the matter with you two?"
他垂下双手,望着哈利和罗恩。“你们两个怎么回事?”
Far too late, Harry and Ron forced themselves to laugh, but Malfoy seemed satisfied;
哈利和罗恩这才强迫自己笑了几声,但马尔福看上去还挺满意;
perhaps Crabbe and Goyle were always slow on the uptake.
也许克拉布和高尔一向就是反应迟钝。
"Saint Potter, the Mudbloods' friend," said Malfoy slowly.
“圣人波特是泥巴种的朋友,”马尔福慢吞吞地说,
"He's another one with no proper wizard feeling,
“也属于没有纯粹巫师感觉的人,
or he wouldn't go around with that jumped-up Granger Mudblood. And people think he's Slytherin's heir!"
不然他就不会整天和那个自高自大的泥巴种格兰杰混在一起。人们认为他是斯莱特林的继承人。”
Harry and Ron waited with bated breath:
哈利和罗恩屏住呼吸等待着:
Malfoy was surely seconds away from telling them it was him. But then—
马尔福肯定马上就要对他们说,他才是那个继承人。然而——
"I wish I knew who it is," said Malfoy petulantly. "I could help them."
“我真希望知道那个人是谁,”马尔福蛮横地说,“我可以帮助他们啊。”
Ron's jaw dropped so that Crabbe's face looked even more gormless than usual.
罗恩张大了嘴,使克拉布的脸比平日更加蠢笨。
Fortunately, Malfoy didn't notice, and Harry,
幸好,马尔福没有注意到。
thinking fast, said, "You must have some idea who's behind it all..."
哈利飞快地转着念头,说道:“你肯定多少有些知道,是谁在操纵了这一切……”
"You know I haven't, Goyle, how many times do I have to tell you?" snapped Malfoy.
“你明知道我不知道,高尔,还要我对你说多少遍?”马尔福厉声说,
"And father won't tell me anything about the last time the Chamber was opened, either.
“老爸不肯告诉我密室上次被打开的具体情况。
Of course, it was fifty years ago, so it was before his time, but he knows all about it,
当然啦,那是五十年前的事了,他还没有出生,但是他什么都知道。
and he says that it was all kept quiet and it'll look suspicious if I know too much about it.
他说这一切都是保密的,如果我知道得太多,就会显得很可疑。
But I know one thing:last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died.
但有一件事我是知道的:密室上次被打开时,一个泥巴种死了。
So I bet it's only a matter of time before one of them's killed this time...
所以——我敢说这次也得死一个泥巴种,只是时间早晚的问题……
I hope it's Granger," he said with relish.
我希望是格兰杰。”他津津乐道地说。
Ron was clenching Crabbe's gigantic fists.
罗恩攥紧了克拉布的大拳头。
Feeling that it would be a bit of a give-away if Ron punched Malfoy, Harry shot him a warning look and said,
哈利觉得,如果罗恩朝马尔福狠揍一拳,事情就败露了。他赶紧用警告的目光瞪了罗恩一眼,然后说:
"D'you know if the person who opened the Chamber last time was caught?"
“你知道吗,上次打开密室的那个人有没有被抓住?”