The three living pipe up "I'm afraid,"Lo, what I see and "Methinks these devils be."
三个活人大喊 我害怕 我看到什么啦 我认为他们是魔鬼
Back come the other three Such shall you be,
三个死人回话 你们也将如此
I was well fair And For God's love, beware.
我很公平 看在上帝份上 你们好自为之
The furthest gone of the gruesome threesome then makes a little speech.
可怕的三个人离开之前 说了一番话
Know that I was head of my tribe,princes, kings and nobles,Royal and rich, rejoicing in wealth,
我曾经是部落的首领 王子 君主 贵族 高贵而富有 财富无数
But now I am so hideous and bare that even the worms disdain me.
但我现在赤裸而丑陋 连虫子都对我不屑一顾
This was an invasion that Plantagenet England had not prepared for
这是一场金雀花王朝 没有防备的入侵
the invasion of the space of the living by the dead.
死人对活人发起的地盘之争
The sense that the borders between backyards and boneyards had collapsed produced a sudden nervousness.
庭院和墓地的分界线 已经轰然倒塌的事实 引起了世人的不安
In the face of King Death, neither riches nor earthly fame could buy salvation or guarantee immortality.
死神面前 财富和尘世的名望 无法换取解救和永生
This insecurity found expression in a very peculiar kind of tomb the Transi,
这种不安全感的表现存在于 一种非常奇特的墓穴中 Transi
which means, appropriately enough, "Gone off".
意思是"去世"