Are you a ghost? Harry said uncertainly.
“你是鬼魂吗?”哈利不敢肯定地问。
A memory, said Riddle quietly. "Preserved in a diary for fifty years."
“是一段记忆,”里德尔平静地说,“在一本日记里保存了五十年。”
He pointed toward the floor near the statue's giant toes.
他伸手指着雕像的大脚趾旁。
Lying open there was the little black diary Harry had found in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.
那里躺着哈利在哭泣的桃金娘的盥洗室里发现的那本日记。
For a second, Harry wondered how it had got there — but there were more pressing matters to deal with.
哈利一时很想不通它怎么会到那里去的——但是他还有更加紧迫的事情要处理。
You've got to help me, Tom, Harry said, raising Ginny's head again.
“你必须帮助我,汤姆。”哈利说着,又扶起金妮的头,
"We've got to get her out of here.
“我们必须把她从这里弄出去。
There's a basilis... I don't know where it is, but it could be along any moment... Please, help me —"
有一个蛇怪……我不知道在哪里,但它随时都可能过来。求求你,帮帮我吧……”
Riddle didn't move. Harry, sweating, managed to hoist Ginny half off the floor, and bent to pick up his wand again.
里德尔没有动弹。哈利满头大汗,总算把金妮从地上半抱起来,他又俯身去捡他的魔杖。
But his wand had gone.
可是魔杖不见了。
Did you see — ? He looked up. Riddle was still watching him — twirling Harry's wand between his long fingers.
“你有没有看见——”他一抬头,里德尔仍然注视着他——修长的手指间玩弄着哈利的魔杖。
Thanks, said Harry, stretching out his hand for it.
“谢谢。”哈利说,伸手去拿魔杖。
A smile curled the corners of Riddle's mouth. He continued to stare at Harry, twirling the wand idly.
里德尔的嘴角露出一个古怪的微笑。他继续盯着哈利,漫不经心地把玩着魔杖。
Listen, said Harry urgently, his knees sagging with Ginny's dead weight. "We've got to go! If the basilisk comes —"
“你听我说,”哈利焦急地说,死沉死沉的金妮压得他膝盖发软,“我们必须走!如果蛇怪来了……”
It won't come until it is called, said Riddle calmly.
“它不受到召唤是不会来的。”里德尔无动于衷地说。