Haven't you guessed yet, Harry Potter? said Riddle softly. "Ginny Weasley opened the Chamber of Secrets.
“你难道还猜不出来吗,哈利波特?”里德尔轻声细语地说,“是金妮韦斯莱打开了密室。
She strangled the school roosters and daubed threatening messages on the walls.
是她掐死了学校里的公鸡,并在墙上涂抹那些吓人的文字。
She set the Serpent of Slytherin on four Mudbloods, and the Squib's cat."
是她放出斯莱特林的蛇怪,袭击了四个泥巴种,还有那个哑炮的瘦猫。”
No, Harry whispered.
“不可能。”哈利喃喃地说。
Yes, said Riddle, calmly. "Of course, she didn't know what she was doing at first.
“是啊,”里德尔仍然平心静气地说,“当然啦,起先她不知道自己在做什么。
It was very amusing.
这是非常有趣的。
I wish you could have seen her new diary entrie... far more interesting, they became... Dear Tom,"
我真希望你能看看她新写的几篇日记……真是越来越有意思了……亲爱的汤姆,”
he recited, watching Harry's horrified face, "I think I'm losing my memory.
他注视着哈利惊恐的眼睛,背诵着日记里的内容,“我觉得自己好像在失去记忆。
There are rooster feathers all over my robes and I don't know how they got there.
我的袍子上到处都是鸡毛,我不知道它们是怎么弄上去的。
Dear Tom, I can't remember what I did on the night of Halloween, but a cat was attacked and I've got paint all down my front.
亲爱的汤姆,我不记得万圣节前夜我都做了什么,但是一只猫遇害了,而我的胸前沾满了颜料。
Dear Tom, Percy keeps telling me I'm pale and I'm not myself.
亲爱的汤姆,珀西总是对我说我脸色不好,样子也有些反常。
I think he suspects me... There was another attack today and I don't know where I was.
我觉得他可能怀疑我了……今天又发生了一起攻击事件,我想不起当时我在哪里。
Tom, what am I going to do?
汤姆,我该怎么办呢?
I think I'm going mad... I think I'm the one attacking everyone, Tom!"
我觉得自己快要疯了……我觉得我就是那个袭击所有这些人的凶手,汤姆!”
Harry's fists were clenched, the nails digging deep into his palms.
哈利的拳头攥紧了,指甲深深地陷进肉里。
It took a very long time for stupid little Ginny to stop trusting her diary, said Riddle.
“过了很长很长时间,傻乎乎的小金妮才不再信任她的日记本了。”里德尔说,
"But she finally became suspicious and tried to dispose of it.
“她终于起了疑心,试图把它扔掉。
And that's where you came in, Harry.
你就是那个时候插进来的,哈利。