All the time he spoke, Riddle's eyes never left Harry's face.
里德尔说话的时候,目光始终没有离开哈利的脸。
There was an almost hungry look in them.
他的眼睛里隐藏着一种近乎贪婪的神情。
It's very boring, having to listen to the silly little troubles of an eleven-year-old girl, he went on.
“太乏味了,听一个十一岁小姑娘讲她那些幼稚的烦心事,”他继续说道,
"But I was patient. I wrote back. I was sympathetic, I was kind.
“但是我耐着性子,写出一些话答复她,我是慈祥的、善解人意的。
Ginny simply loved me.
金妮简直爱上我了。
No one's ever understood me like you, Tom... I'm so glad I've got this diary to confide in...
哦,汤姆,没有人像你这样理解我……我真高兴得到了这本日记,可以向你诉说知心话……
It's like having a friend I can carry around in my pocket..."
就像是拥有一个可以放在口袋里随身携带的朋友……”
Riddle laughed, a high, cold laugh that didn't suit him.
里德尔发出一声冷冰冰的刺耳的大笑,不像是一个十六岁的孩子发出来的。
It made the hairs stand up on the back of Harry's neck.
这使哈利脖子后面的汗毛根根竖起。
If I say it myself, Harry, I've always been able to charm the people I needed.
“不是我自己吹嘘,哈利,我一向能够随心所欲地把人迷惑住。
So Ginny poured out her soul to me, and her soul happened to be exactly what I wanted...
所以,金妮把她的整个灵魂都向我敞开了,而她的灵魂偏巧正是我所需要的。
I grew stronger and stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets.
我吞食着她最隐秘的恐惧,最深藏的秘密,胃口越来越大。
I grew powerful, far more powerful than little Miss Weasley.
我渐渐强大起来,比小小的韦斯莱小姐要强大得多。
Powerful enough to start feeding Miss Weasley a few of my secrets, to start pouring a little of my soul back into he...
强大得足以向韦斯莱小姐透露我的几桩秘密,开始把我的一小部分灵魂也向她敞开……”
What d'you mean? said Harry, whose mouth had gone very dry.
“你说什么?”哈利问,觉得嗓子眼里干得要冒火。