Valeria: Hi.
瓦莱里娅:嗨。
Daniel: Hey, how are you?
丹尼尔:嘿,你好吗?
Valeria: Fine and you?
瓦莱里娅:我很好,你呢?
Daniel: Not bad.
丹尼尔:还不错。
Valeria: May I ask you something?
瓦莱里娅:我能问你个问题吗?
Daniel: Yeah.
丹尼尔:好。
Valeria: Have you ever been caught in a lie?
瓦莱里娅:你有没有说谎被拆穿过?
Daniel: Yep, I have.
丹尼尔:有过。
Valeria: When?
瓦莱里娅:什么时候。
Daniel: A number of years ago. I don't think now, I don't think it's a big, big lie but at the moment I think it was. The thing is I, every day I went to school and when I got to school I met some friends and they asked me not to, you know, go to classes but somewhere else instead. I think everyone has done that.
丹尼尔:几年以前。现在来看,我不认为那是弥天大谎,不过当时我认为那是大谎话。事情是这样的,我每天到学校以后,会有朋友让我不要去上课,而是逃课其他地方玩。我认为所有人都做过这种事。
Valeria: Yes.
瓦莱里娅:对。
Daniel: And I did. Obviously I went with my friends. When I came back to my home, my mum asked me so how was the day and I'd say yeah, yeah, you know like classes as usual. But then she was like by the way what were you doing, you know, like the arcade place because the neighbor saw you. And I was like really? And I was really, really scared, you know, I'd just lied to my mum and yeah the neighbor saw me and I was really, really scared, so they caught me and I couldn't say anything because, you know, that's the proof we were caught. So it was a really, really awkward and embarrassing time.
丹尼尔:所以我就逃课了。当然我是和我朋友一起逃课的。回到家以后,我妈妈问我那天在学校过得怎么样,我回答说和往常一样上课。但是她随后问道,对了,你去游戏厅干什么了,邻居看到你了。我当时想真的吗?我非常害怕,因为我刚刚对我妈妈撒谎了,而且还被邻居看到了,我非常非常害怕,他们抓到我撒谎了,我说不出别的话来,因为他们有证据证明我们说谎了。那真是极为难堪又尴尬的时刻。
Valeria: Something similar happened to me but the thing is since it was like my brother, the best friend of my brother, my best friend and I, it was kind of pretty obvious and the teacher phoned from school.
瓦莱里娅:我也发生过类似的事情,当时我和我哥哥、我哥哥最好的朋友还有我最好的朋友一起逃课了,可以说那非常明显,所以学校老师给我家打了电话。
Daniel: Ah.
丹尼尔:啊。
Valeria: To let my mum know.
瓦莱里娅:老师告诉了我妈妈。
Daniel: Yeah, if your whole mates just don't go to school, I think that's pretty obvious.
丹尼尔:嗯,如果你们几个一起逃课,那的确很明显。
Valeria: Yes, it was.
瓦莱里娅:对,没错。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载