欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》
Jerome: This is a very dangerous undertaking. Do you have a backup plan if anything goes wrong?
杰罗姆:这是一项非常危险的事业。如果出了问题,你有备份计划吗?
Sandy: It’ll work. I’ve come up with contingencies for every possible setback.
桑迪:没问题的。我已经为每一个可能出现的挫折想出了应急措施。
Jerome: It’s just that I’d like to know we have some recourse if anything goes wrong.
杰罗姆:我只是想知道,如果出了岔子,我们是否有别的应对之策。

Sandy: My plan is foolproof. Failure is not an option.
桑迪:我的计划是万无一失的。失败不是可选项。
Jerome: But don’t you think we should consider some alternatives? If, God forbid, anything goes wrong, it would be good to have an escape hatch, don’t you think?
杰罗姆:但是你不觉得我们应该考虑一些替代方案吗?上帝保佑,如果出了什么差错,最好有个逃生通道,你觉得吗?
Sandy: That won’t be necessary. If anything goes wrong, it’s every man for himself.
桑迪:那没有必要。如果出了什么差错,那就“大难临头各自飞”吧。
Jerome: What?! I thought we were in this together? What happened to, “Stick with me and you can’t go wrong”?
杰罗姆:什么? !我以为我们是“一条船上的?那你许下的"跟着我做事,不会出错的"的承诺呢?
Sandy: That was before I realized what a liability you are.
桑迪:那时我还没有意识到你这么个累赘。
Jerome: A liability?!
杰罗姆:累赘? !
Sandy: In a dangerous plan like this, there are bound to be some casualties – a sacrificial lamb or two.
桑迪:在这种危险的计划中,一定会有一些伤亡的——一两只牺牲的羔羊。
Jerome: Yes, but I didn’t know you’d double-cross me before we even got started!
杰罗姆:话是这么说,但是我没料到事情还没开始,你就要出卖我!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载