A beautiful, breathtaking tabla music echoed on the air,
空中回响着美妙而令人窒息的手鼓音乐,
breaking the silence of the surrounding everyday at blue hour, that the Sun is at a significant depth below the horizon.
打破了每天清晨时分,太阳还远在地平线以下的时候,四周环境中的静谧
Many years passed,
匆匆数载过去
but still the same tabla practice was going on everyday for three, four hours
每天同样的练习手鼓的音乐都会响起,演奏时间长达三、四个小时!
Even the birds were silent to listen the soothing music,
就连鸟儿都不再啾喳乱鸣,安心听着这令人心旷神怡的音乐
coming out from a small hut just near a river bank.
这音乐来自一个小小的木屋,就坐落在河岸上。
I could hear the sound from my terrace everyday at that very particular time and the hut was few yards away from my building.
每天早上,在那个特定的时间,我站在阳台上,就能听到那美妙的音乐,那座小木屋离我家只有不到几码远的距离
One day, I couldn't resist my anxiety to know who the person was!
有一天,我终于克制不住自己的好奇心,想要知道演奏音乐的到底是谁
So, one morning I stepped forward towards the hut.
于是,一个早晨,我朝小木屋走去
The music was continuing.
音乐还在继续
Without disturbing, I stood there waiting for the person to come out.
我没有打搅那个演奏的人,只是站在小木屋旁,等着里面的人走出来。
Nearly after ten minutes, a middle aged man came out from the hut and he was ready to lock the door.
大概十分钟之后,一个中年男人从木屋里走出来,正准备把木屋的门锁上。
I cleared my throat, making a slow sound to draw his attention.
我清了清嗓子,小声哼唧了一下,想吸引他的注意。
He looked at me and simply said, "Yes! Do you want anything?"
他看了看我,简单的回了一句,“你好!你有什么事吗?”
I said, "Yes! Your music is really amazing!"
我说道,“是的,你演奏的音乐实在太美妙了!”
"Thanks!" he replied shortly.
“谢谢!”他简短的说。
"May I ask you some questions?"
“我能问你个问题吗?”我说。
"Yes," he said.
“请说。”他答道。
"How many years have you been practicing this music?
“你练习演奏这段音乐多少年了?”
I think, you have already mastered it.
我觉得您的演奏简直是炉火纯青
It is so beautiful and so perfect!," I passed a complementary statement.
实在太美妙,太完美了!“我不禁赞叹。
"Thank you for your appreciation!
谢谢你的赞扬!
I am practicing it for last three years, but why?", he questioned me immediately.
“我练习这首曲子已经三年了,不过,您问这个干什么呢?”他随即问道。
"Nothing, just like that.“
没事,只是问问而已。
I think, if you can visit to any metro city and display your music,
我想,如果你想拜访一下哪个大城市,去演奏一下你的音乐
it would be wonderful!
那就太棒了!
Thousands of people would come to know
到时候,会有成千上万的人来听你演奏音乐
and you would earn lots of money, name and fame too!
你会赚很多很多钱,会有很大很大的名气,还会得到很多很多的赞扬!
Why don't you try?"
你为什么不试试呢?
The man looked at me peculiarly, said,
中年男人看了我一眼,说道,
"Ma'am, thank you so much for your suggestions. “
女士,非常感谢您给我的建议
I don't want any of these three.
不过我对您说的那三种东西,我都不想要
I don't want to commercialise my divine gift.
我不想用自己神圣的天赋去牟利
I am happy with whatever I have!
我对自己拥有的一切感到幸福
Money is not everything.
金钱并非一切
I play it to my own self satisfaction, nothing more.
我演奏音乐只是自娱自乐,仅此而已
When I play tabla , I forget the existence of myself."
当我演奏手鼓的时候,我甚至会忘了自己的存在
Without waiting for any further question,
说完,男人不等我继续提问
the man passed over my side slowly and walked away.
他从我身旁走过,走远了
I wondered at his attitude!
他的处世态度让我震惊了!
In this generation, today's fast pace world,
在如今这个年代,在这个高速向前的世界
this man ignored the huge amount of money, he could earn!
对于自己本应可以转到的大笔钱财,他竟能毫不动心!