正确说美语口语:It will cost you an arm and a leg
"非常贵,会花很多钱"的多种不同说法:
It will cost you an arm and a leg.
It will cost you a fortune.(要花费一大笔财产)
It will cost you a mint.(要花掉一做造币厂)
It will cost you a bundle.(要花费一堆钱)
It will cost you a pretty penny.(要花很多钱)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's homework:Try to translate this dialogue!
A:Oh,it's time for dinner.What about the restaurant across the street? 呕,该吃晚餐了.我们去对街那家餐厅怎么样?
B:Pardon me?你说什么?
A:Why don't we have dinner at the restaurant across the street?我们为什么不去对街那加餐厅用餐呢?
B:Are you kidding? It will cost you an arm and a leg.你在说笑吗?这会让你花很多钱的!
A:Really?是吗?
B:Of course.Let's go have burgers instead.当然.我们还是去吃汉堡吧.