!)等说法可以用 Nonsense!
(笨得无可救药!)可以说 A fool remains a fool until he dies.
42. I thought she was just a rich princess, but it looks like we
have a lot in common.
我以为她不过是千金小姐,但看来我们有许多共同点.
带着轻蔑口吻的'千金小姐,阔少爷'常用 spoiled rich kid/brat.
have a lot in common 是'有许多共同之处'.
We have good chemistry. 是一句俗语,意味(我们很谈的来).
43. I'm glad I got it off my chest.
我很高兴自己把心事讲出来.
got it off my chest 是'把心事吐露出来'. (为什么不把心事讲出来?
你会觉得舒服的多)是 Why don't you get it off your chest?
You'll feel much better; 相反的,想说(我有心事)可以用 I have
something on my mind.
44. She always says, 'I don't know what to do...', but she's just
showing off.
她总是说'我不知道该怎么办',....但她只是为了要炫耀自己.
show off...是'炫耀......'之意. '夸耀'可用 brag 或 boast, 如:
She's always bragging/going on about her boyfriend.
(她经常夸耀她的男友).
I guess sometimes people hit it right off.
我想有时候人们初次见面就会很投缘.
hit it off (well) 是'很投缘'之意. I hit it off well with him.
或 He and I hit it off (well) together (with each other). 是指(我和他非常投缘,我们很谈的来)之意. right含有'开始就....'之意.
We talked so long, I ended up missing class.
我们谈了好久,把课都给误了.
end/wind up doing... 是'结果.....'之意.
(今天逃课算了!)是用 I'm gonna miss/cut/ckip class today.
俚语也可以说 I'm gonna play hooky.
Since she started college, all of a sudden she's Miss Glamor.
她上了大学后,一下子变得很时髦.
英语的 glamor 含有'妩媚,魅力'之意. (她看起来非常耀眼,)可以说
She looks too flashy. 或 Her outfit is a bit too much. (她的穿着太过分了.)
Next to her, anybody would look good.
谁只要在她的旁边,看上去都长得不错.
'难看'是 ugly/ugly-looking, 俚语也用 dog, 可用于男女.
I am not here just to make her look better. 是(我不在这里只是为了让她好看些的).
I confide a secret to a friend. 向朋友吐露密秘.
confide...to..是'向...吐露..'; confide in... 则是'吐露秘密给...'的意思.能够吐露秘密或心事的朋友称为 confidant '密友,心腹'.
I break off a relation. 跟她断交.
break off 是'分离,离开'. patch up 原意为'补缀'之意,此处是指'言归于好'的意思.
This manager's such a lech!
这个经理真是好色之徒.
lech 是'好色之徒,色狼'. Have you suffered sexual harrassment? 时(你有没有受到过性骚扰?). Huh, I'd like to be seduced by such a handsome manager.
是(哦,我倒也想要被这样英俊的经理诱拐).
I still have to keep a smile on my face, even to this strange customer?
对这种怪客人,我还得强颜欢笑吗?
美国俗