Eleven Take Me Back
第十一课 让我回来
"I've been all over the place since we broke up and, all things being equal, you're still the best woman for me!" Butch said.
"离婚之后,我到处转了转,在其他各点的都相同的条件下,你还是最适合我的女人!"布奇说。
"I thought it was all right with Sarah.
"我原以为萨拉挺合适。
But then I saw all sorts of things that reminded me of you and how wonderful you are.
但后来我看到各种各样的事情,让我想起了你和你的好。
Please, Jane, let me come back!"
简,请你让我回来吧!"
"Butch. You low down scum of the earth.
布奇,你这个卑鄙的社会渣子。
What do you think that I'm going to go through it all over again with you? You're crazy!
以为我会重新跟你再过一遍?你疯啦!
I could allow for some of your excuses, but alluding to your time with Sarah confirms that you are still not all right!
我可以考虑你的一些理由,但是提及你和萨拉在一起的事让我觉得你还是没想好!
You need your own break from women!"
你需要和女人保持一段时间的距离!
"But Jane, I wrote that poem for you!" Butch pleaded.
"但是简,我的那首诗是为你写的!" 布奇恳求道。
"And it was nice all told.
"总之,那是首好诗。
But that poem allows of several interpretations.
但是他可以有好几种解释。
You could have written it for anyone!
你可以把他写给任何人!
And I don't even know if you even wrote it for sure!
我甚至都不知道你是否真的写了那首诗!
No sir! I'm over you!"
没有,先生!我太了解你了!
"But I came all the way home for you, Jane!
"可我一路回来完全是为了你, 简!
I promise I'll never leave again.
我保证我再也不会离开了。
And, and, I'll get rid of the cat that you're allergic to. Really.
并且,并且我会扔掉那只你讨厌的猫。真的。
I'll stay with you all year round!
我会一年到头都陪着你!
Sarah meant nothing! You're my true love!"
萨拉算什么东西!你才是我的真爱!"
"That sentiment is all well and good.
"你的柔情是好的。
But I have already wasted all the time I am going to waste on you.
但是我已经浪费了我准备浪费在你身上的所有时间。
Please leave before I call the police!"
在我叫警察之前,请你赶快离开!"
"But, but" Butch pleaded as he dropped to his knees.
"但是,但是,"布奇一边下跪一边恳求道。
And then Jane slammed the door!
简"砰"地一声把门关上了!