38.Big Daddy's Party
38.大亨的聚会
"Okay, so let me bring you up to date on the situation. " Diddy D said to Ponie Boy.
"好,让我告诉你局势发展的最新情况," 迪迪D对波尼博伊说。
"You have to bring together every person you know for this party, because Big Daddy is going to bring the house down, hear?
"你得为这次聚会召集所有你认识的人,因为大亨准备要博得全场喝彩,听见了吗?
He was brought up to go to house parties and this will be his biggest one ever!"
他从小就喜欢参加家庭集会,这次聚会将规模空前!"
"So what do I do?" Ponie Boy said.
"那我做什么呢?"波尼博伊问。
"I thought I was brought on to help clean up some mess!
"我以为我是被找来帮助收拾残局的!
I heard that the party planning had been brought to a standstill and maybe cancelled!"
我听说聚会计划被停止了,或者可能被取消了!"
"No way, man!" Diddy D replied energetically.
"不可能,先生!" 迪迪D响亮地回答道。
"The party's on and Big Daddy's absoulutely going to bring it off!
"聚会仍在准备之中,大亨是绝对要把它办成功的!
There were some preliminary problems trying to bring it into effect, it almost brought him to ruin.
起初实施起来是有些问题,
But that's all cleared up now.
这几乎把他给毁了。
The truth was brought to light and it had nothing to do with Big Daddy!"
但现在所有问题都解决了。事实真相被揭穿了,完全与大亨没有关系!"
"Good. I've always wanted to work one of his parties.
"很好,我一直想组织一次他的聚会。
I'll bring over some grils, too, okay?" Ponie Boy said with a smile.
他还想带一些女孩来,行吗?"波尼博伊笑着说。
"Now when I bring them through the door, do they still have to pay?"
"我带她们进那里的时候,她们还要买票吗?"
"Absolutely not!
"绝对不要!
You bring some hot chicks in and they'll add to the flavor of the party!
我带那些时髦的小妞儿来,她们会使聚会增色不少的!
If you know what I mean! I might even have to bring myself to dance with one or two!"Diddy D said as he pretended he was dancing.
你明白我的意思吧!我可能自己也得找一两个跳跳舞!"迪迪D一边假装跳舞一边说。
"And if you can bring me to terms with one to come up to my room afterwards, well I'll bring you under my wing to do even more parties."
"如果你能让我屈服于某个女孩,聚会结束后她能来我家,我会照顾你组织更多的聚会。"
"Cool."
"太酷了!"