50.At the Club Meeting Afterwards
50.在后来的俱乐部会议上
Martha took the coffee pot and poured several coffe cups until they were full.
玛莎拿出咖啡壶把几只咖啡杯倒满了。
"And it was sold already!" she said to her friends.
“都卖完啦!”她对朋友说。
"You could have coaxed your boss into letting you go out for a couple minutes!" Kelly said.
“你可以哄老板让你出去一两分钟嘛!”凯利说。
"He should get a clue to what is important to his employees!"
对于员工来说什么东西重要,他应该有些线索的!
"I agree. It sucks!" said Judy.
你说得对!她真讨厌!朱迪说。
"I would have emtied my whole clothes closet for that piece you almost had!"
为了你那差不多到手的东西,我愿意把整个衣橱空出一遍!“
All the other girls clustered around agreed.
周围所有其他女孩认为是这样。
It was their first club meeting of the month and Martha had just told how she had almost bought the item they were all dreaming of.
这是他们这个月第一次俱乐部会议,玛莎刚刚告诉她们她是如何差不多买到她们都梦寐以求的东西。
"I'll just have to wait until another one is being sold," Martha said as she put her coffee spoon into the cup and served.
我只能等到下次再买的时候了,玛莎把咖啡勺放进端上来的咖啡杯时说。
"At least I was able to buy this nice coffee set the next day!"
至少我在第二天买到了这套漂亮的咖啡具!
"Yeah, it is nicer than the ones at the coffee shop!
不错,比咖啡店的要好!
And their coffee service is so poor, too!
他们那叫什么咖啡具!
I like it best when we drink our own coffee." Kelly said.
我最喜欢自己用它喝咖啡。凯利说。
"If only I could get coffee this good during my coffee break!
要是我能在喝咖啡休息时间里喝到这么好的咖啡就好啦!
That coffee makes my mouth feel like it's coated with paste afterwards."
那种咖啡喝过之后我的嘴就像涂了浆糊一样。
"So do you think you'll find another one, Martha?" Judy asked.
那你想另外找一种咖啡是吗, 玛莎?朱迪问。
"Someday. All I know is that I'm going to clutch at straws until I have it.
有那么一天吧。我只知道我会做最后的绝望挣扎,直到我如愿以偿。
And I'm going to keep some closet space open just for when I do get it!"
我会一直留出一点壁橱空间来,就等那一天的到来!
"You do that, Martha!" They all said. "You do that and keep looking!"
就这么办,玛莎!她们都说。就这么办,一直找下去!