1.Just please don't throw anything at me.
throw sth. at sb.“把某物扔向某人”;
Do not throw stones at my dog .
不要用石头打我的狗。
情景对话:
A: How did you drive that fierce god away? 你是怎么赶走那只恶狗的?
B: I threw a stone at it. 我扔了块石头过去的。
2.Can you just hand me the blanket?
hand sb. sth.或hand sth. to sb.“把某物递给某人”;
Please hand me that book.
请把那本书递给我。
情景对话:
A: What should I do with those papers when they are finished? 这些文件处理完后,我该怎么处理它们?
B: Please hand them to your manager. 请交给你的经理。
3. need sth. for“用某物来做某事”;
People need foods for survive.
人靠食物生存。
情景对话:
A: What do you need those date for? 你要这些数据做什么?
B: For a research.做一项研究。
4.And when I do, I don't get to bring my clothes.
get to do sth.有两个意思:
(1)开始做某事;
I got to know him in 1995. 我是1995年认识他的。
You’ll like her once you get to know her. 你一旦了解她你 就喜欢她的。
(2)有机会做某事,设法做成某事;
He never got to go to college. 他从无机会上大学。
How did you get to be captain? 你是怎样当上船长的?
本句中的get to bring my clothes就是“没有办法带衣服”的意思。
情景对话:
A: How did you manage to finish that hard project? 你是怎么完成那个困难重重的项目的?
B: I got to get the help of an expert. 我设法得到了一位专家的帮助。
5.fall out of“从...跌落下来”;
Even monkeys fall out of trees.
即使猴子也有从树上掉下来的时候。
In his sleep he let the book fall out of his hand.
他睡着时书从手中掉了下来。
情景对话:
A: How did you hurt your knee? 你的膝盖怎么弄伤的?
B: I fell out of the scaffold when I was painting the wall yesterday. 昨天粉刷墙壁时从脚手架上掉了下来。
6.Well, if you hang around long enough, you'll see me disappear.
hand around“逗留,徘徊,闲逛”;
If you see anyone hanging around here tell them to hop off.
如果你看到有人在这儿闲荡,就叫他们走开。
情景对话:
A: Don't hang around—we have a train to catch! 不要耽搁, 我们要赶火车呢!
B: No hurry, we have enough time. 别担心,我们有的是时间。