By Alexandree Dum-ass.
作者亚历山大,大种马
Dumb ass.
种马?
Dumb ass?
种马?
Dumas. I know what that's about?
大仲马 内容知道吗?
You'd like it. It's about a prison break.
讲逃狱,你会喜欢
We ought to file that under "Educational" too, oughtn't we?
那该归入教育类啰
The rest of us did our best to pitch in when and where we could.
大伙儿尽可能帮安迪
By the year Kennedy was shot
在甘尼迪遇刺之前
Andy had transformed a storage room smelling of turpentine
安迪把这臭储藏室变成
into the best prison library in New England
新英格兰最棒的监狱图书馆
complete with a fine selection of Hank Williams.
甚至有汉克·威廉斯精选集
That was also when Warden Norton instituted his famous "Inside Out" program.
就在同年典狱长实施著名的外役专案
You may remember reading about it.
也许你曾在报上看过
It made the papers and got his picture in Look magazine.
他上了各报和《展望杂志》
It's no free ride
这不只是赚钱
but rather a genuine progressive advance
而是狱政的
in corrections and rehabilitation.
一大进步
Our inmates, properly supervised
本监受刑人在妥善监督下
will be put to work outside these walls
将到狱外工作
performing all manner of public service.
从事各项公共事业
These men can learn the value of an honest day's labor and provide a service to the community
他们将学到诚实劳动的价值,同时为社区提供服务
at a bare minimum of expense to Mr. And Mrs. John Q. Taxpayer.
对于纳税大众而言 也只花最少的代价
Of course he didn't tell the press
当然 诺顿没向媒体说明
that "bare minimum of expense" is a fairly loose term.
"最少代价"实在含糊不清
There are 100 different ways to skim off the top.
揩油的方法何止百种
Men, materials, you name it.
人力 物料 处处漏洞
And oh, my Lord, how the money rolled in!
天哪 油水之丰
At this rate, you'll put me out of business.
你会害我倒闭的
With this pool of slave labor, you can underbid any contractor in town.
靠这么多奴工 谁标得过你
We're providing a valuable community service.
我们在提供社区服务
That's fine for the papers, but I've got a family to feed. Sam
这是广告词 但我得养家 山姆
We go back a long way.
老兄 咱们这么久的交情
I need this highway contract. I don't get it and I go under. That's a fact.
我必须包下这条公路 否则只好喝西北风了
You have some of this fine pie
这是内人特地为你烤的派
my missus made for you. You think about that.
请笑纳 你看着办
I wouldn't worry too much about this contract.
别担心这项工程合约
I already got my boys committed elsewhere.
我已叫他们接别的案子了
You be sure and thank Maisie for this fine pie.
帮我谢谢她的心意
And behind every shady deal
在每一桩买卖后面
behind every dollar earned
在每一元黑钱底下
there was Andy, keeping the books.
都有安迪在 是他做的帐
Maine National and New England First. Night drops as always, sir.
照旧在夜间 存到常来往的银行
Get my stuff to the laundry. Two suits for dry-clean and a bag of whatnot.
把东西拿去洗衣房 两套西装和杂物
If they over-starch my shirts again, they'll hear from me.
别浆太硬 否则有他们好看
Yes Sir.
是的,先生
How do I look?
我怎样?
Very nice.
很好 先生
Big charity to-do up Portland way.
我去慈善宴会
Governor will be there.
州长会到
You want the rest of this?
剩下的给你吃
Woman can't bake worth shit.
烤的难吃透顶
Thank you, sir.
谢谢您 先生
He's got his fingers in a lot of pies, from what I hear.
这种派他收过很多,你听说的只是皮毛
He's got scams you haven't even dreamed of. IKickbacks on his kickbacks.
他干的坏事你想不到 重重的回扣
n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落