A river of dirty money running through here.
黑钱如河般在他脚下流
Sooner or later, he'll have to explain where it came from.
贪污这么多迟早会曝光
That's where I come in.
因此才要用我
I channel it. Filter it. Funnel it.
我过滤黑钱 一一漂白
Stocks, securities, tax-free municipals.
股票 证券 市政公债
I send it out into the real world, and when it comes back
我让脏钱流入市场 等它回流时
Clean as a virgin's honeypot, huh?
干净的像处女?
Cleaner.
比那更干净
By the time Norton retires, I'll have made him a millionaire.
诺顿退休时 将是百万富翁
If they ever catch on, he'll wind up in here wearing a number himself.
若被逮到 他也会被关入肖申克
I thought you had more faith in me than that.
你对我这么没信心呀
I know you're good, but all that paper leaves a trail.
不 我知道你很罩 但文件会留下证据
Now anybody gets curious, FBI, IRS
万一调查局或国税局起疑
whatever.
就完了
It'll lead to somebody.
总有人要遭殃
Sure it is, but not to me, and certainly not to the warden.
没错 但不是我 更不是典狱长
All right, who?
那是谁?
Randall Stevens.
兰道·史帝文
Who?
谁?
The "silent" silent partner.
隐名又隐形的合伙人
He's the guilty one, the man with the bank accounts.
法官 都怪他 户头是他的
It's where the filtering process starts.
他是洗钱的起点
They trace anything, it'll just lead to him.
出了差错 只追得到他
He's a phantom, an apparition. Second cousin to Harvey the Rabbit.
他是幻影 幽灵 兔宝宝的远房表亲
But who is he?
但他是什么人?
I conjured him out of thin air.
我凭空的一手塑造他
He doesn't exist, except on paper.
他不存在 除了在文件上
You can't just make a person up.
哪有凭空造人的?
Sure you can, if you know how the system works.
利用制度的漏洞就行
It's amazing what you can accomplish by mail.
靠写信能办成太多的事
Mr. Stevens has a birth certificate
史帝文有出生证明
driver's license, Social Security.
有驾照 社会保险编号
You're shitting me.
你没盖我吧?
If they trace any accounts, they'll wind up chasing a figment of my imagination.
就算抓到蛛丝马迹也等于捕捉影
Well, I'll be damned!
真想不到
Did I say you were good?
我有称赞过你吧?
Shit, you are Rembrandt.
你简直是大艺术家
The funny thing is
可笑的是
on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow.
外头 我刚正不阿
I had to come to prison to be a crook.
进了牢 却大搞歪哥
n. 有价证券;担保;保证人;抵押物(security的