What are you talking about?
你指什么?
Hope.
希望
Hope.
希望
Let me tell you something, my friend.
朋友,我告诉你
Hope is a dangerous thing.
有希望才危险
Hope can drive a man insane.
希望能把人弄疯
It's got no use on the inside.
希望无用
You'd better get used to that idea.
你最好认命
Like Brooks did?
要像老布一样吗?
Sit down.
坐下
Says here that you've served 30 years of a life sentence.
你判无期徒刑,已经30年
You feel you've been rehabilitated?
你改过自新了吗?
Oh, yes, sir.
是的,确实如此
Without a doubt.
我真的已经变好
I can honestly say I'm a changed man.
我完全洗心革面了
No danger to society here.
我不会危害社会
God's honest truth.
上帝为证
Absolutely rehabilitated.
完全洗心革面了
(驳回)
Thirty years.
30年了
Jesus, when you say it like that
老天,真不知该说什么?
You wonder where it went.
这些日子怎么熬过来的
I wonder where 10 years went.
我连前十年都不记得
Here.
拿去
A little parole rejection present.
假释被拒的礼物
Go ahead and open it.
打开看看
Went through one of your competitors.
别介意我找你同行买
I hope you don't mind. I wanted it to be a surprise.
我只想让你惊喜
It's very pretty.
漂亮极了
Thank you.
谢谢你
You going to play it?
你不吹吗?
No.
不
Not right now.
不是时候
Roll in!
进房
“ 十周年庆 , 瑞德赠”
Lights out!
熄灯
Andy was as good as his word.
安迪言出必行
He wrote two letters a week instead of one.
每周写两封信
In 1959, the state senate finally clued in to the fact
59年,州议会终于明白
they couldn't buy him off with just a $ 200 check.
两百元无法打发安迪
Appropriations Committee voted an annual payment of $500
当局决议每年付五百元
just to shut him up.
好让安迪封笔
And you'd be amazed how far Andy could stretch it.
你想像不到他的能耐
He made deals with book clubs, charity groups.
他接洽读书会,慈善团体
He bought remaindered books by the pound
他论斤买入旧书
Treasure Island.
金银岛
Robert Louis
罗伯特路易斯
Fiction, adventure.
冒险小说类
Stevenson.
史帝文生
I got here Auto Repair
汽车修护
What's next?
再来呢?
I got here Auto Repair... and Soap Carving.
汽车修护肥皂雕刻
Trade skills and hobbies. Under "Educational," behind you.
专业技术及嗜好,教育类,在你后面
Count of Monte Crisco.
基基山恩仇记
That's "Cristo," you dumb shit.
基度山啦,饭桶