-Penny:Okay, you guys, look, I know this is none of my business,
伙计们,听着,我知道这事压根跟我没关系,
but I just... I have to ask-- what's Sheldon's deal?
但是我还是要忍不住想问,Sheldon的取向是什么?
-Leonard:What do you mean "deal"?
你说的取向是什么?
-Penny:You know, like what's his deal?
你知道的,就是他的取向嘛。
Is it girls...? Guys...? Sock puppets...?
女人,男人,还是仿真娃娃?
-Leonard:Honestly, we've been operating under the assumption that he has no deal.
老实说,我们的假设是——他没有取向。
-Penny:Come on, everybody has a deal.
得了吧,每个人都有的。
-Howard:Not Sheldon.
但Sheldon除外。
Over the years, we've formulated many theories about how he might reproduce.
多年来,我们列出了很多假设,一直潜心试图探究他将如何繁衍后代。
I'm an advocate of mitosis.
我认为是有丝分裂。
-Penny:I'm sorry?
什么?
-Howard:I believe one day Sheldon will eat an enormous amount of Thai food and split into two Sheldons.
我相信总有一天,当Sheldon吃到一定量的泰国菜他就会分裂成两个Sheldon。
-Leonard:On the other hand, I think Sheldon might be the larval form of his species, and someday he'll spin a cocoon and emerge two months later with moth wings and an exoskeleton.
另一方面,我在想Sheldon可能处于他这个物种的幼虫状态,有一天他会结一个茧,两个月后带着翅膀和外骨骼破茧而出。
-Penny:Okay, well, thanks for the nightmares.
谢谢你俩给我讲恐怖故事。