Sheldon:Fifteen years old.
15岁。
Dennis Kim is 15 years old, and he's already correcting my work.
丹尼斯•金才15岁就已经能纠正我的研究成果了。
Today, I went from being Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, to...
今天,我从莫扎特一下子变成了……
You know that other guy.
那个,另一个人。
Howard:Antonio Salieri?
安东尼奥•萨利埃雷? (宫廷乐师,据称因嫉妒而害死莫扎特)
Sheldon:Oh God, now even you're smarter than me.
天啊,现在连你也比我聪明了。
Howard:You know, Sheldon, you don't have so many friends
我说,Sheldon,你并没有那么多朋友
That you can afford to start insulting them.
能让你随意侮辱。
Leonard:Just eat, Sheldon, you'll feel better.
吃点东西吧Sheldon,吃完你就会感觉好一点。
Sheldon:Why waste food?
何必再浪费食物?
In Texas, when a cow goes dry, they don't keep feeding it,
在德克萨斯,要是一头奶牛不产奶了,他们才不会继续喂它,
They just take her out and shoot her between the eyes.
他们会把它带出去,对准脑门来一枪。
(不知道这是不是真的,不过即使真有这回事,恐怕也只有Sheldon这样有才的活宝才能打出这样的比方。)
Penny:I'm confused.
我给弄糊涂了。
Did Sheldon stop giving milk?
Sheldon不产奶了?
(好吧,Penny,你尽管嘲笑吧。待会儿你就会领教Sheldon的狠招了。他说话时从不会故意伤人,却总能把人伤得淋漓尽致......)
Leonard:You can't let this kid get to you.
别为了这个小孩子闷闷不乐。
You always knew that someday someone would come along who was younger and smarter.
你知道总有一天会有人比你年轻比你聪明。
Sheldon:Yes, but I assumed I would've been dead hundreds of years
是,可我认为那时我已死了几百年了。
And that there'd be an asterisk by his name because he'd be a cyborg.
asterisk:星号 cyborg:电子人,半机器人
而且他的名字后面还有个*号,注释着他是个半机器人。
Penny:So you've got a little competition.
这么说,你有一个小竞争对手了。
I really don't see what the big deal is.
我不明白这有什么大不了的。
Sheldon:Well, of course you don't.
你当然不会明白。
You've never excelled at anything.
excel:优于,擅长
你从来没有成为过顶尖人物。
Penny:I don't understand
我不明白…
Exactly how did he get any friends in the first place?
他最初是怎么交到朋友的?
(不光你不明白,我们大家都不明白说话杀人不见血的Sheldon最开始是怎么交到这几个好朋友的。这几个人在谢耳朵的炮火攻击下居然活了下来,实属不易。)