本人是不折不扣的欧美电影和美剧迷,闲暇之余,总爱打着学英语的幌子到处涉猎欧美电影和观赏美剧。真是“有心栽花花不发,无心插柳柳成阴...”没想到这日子一长,还真从中吸引到了不少知识。现在一谈学英语,脑子里就充斥着电影和美剧,当学习和娱乐缠绵得太久,便形成了一种相互依耐的习惯。我时常在一边享受着心灵颤悦的同时,一边收集着知识的硕果,以下是我这几年看电影学英语过程中,精心收集的欧美电影俚语,已整理成中英文对照版本,现拿出来与大家分享。希望大家多多支持,相互勉励哦!
- Are you an item now? 你们现在是一对吗?
- It takes a lot of grit to be a social worker. 做社工需要很大的勇气。
- As long as I can still draw my breath, as long as there is still one ounce of dignity in my blood, I will live by myself and take care of myself. (我很喜欢这句--摘自 The king of Queens。- Don't keep your feelings bottled up. 别把什么心事都藏在心里 ) (注:QUEENS 是纽约市的一个区, 自己领会噢)
- You smell expensive. (你看起来很高贵?) - Oh, good eye. (噢,好眼力) - She will take away your breath. (她会让你非常惊讶的 (因她的才能或美貌 ))
- My life is at stake. 我的生命危在旦夕。
- I couldn't have asked for a better going away present. 我不能要求更好的离别礼物 (这是我收到的最好的离别礼物)
- Would you like to grab a bite with me. 你愿意和我一起吃饭吗?
-I can't stand a bunch of guys picking on one guy. 我看不惯很多人和起来欺负一个人
- He is big on family。 他把家庭看的很重。
- I will not let so many things get to me. 我不会让这么多的事影响我的。
- Follow my lead. 跟我来。
- Sorry, that was my bad, I promise it won't happen again. my bad (片语)我的错, 用于承认错误的话,表示道歉
- That new Mercedes is a sweet car. sweet (形容词)好的,有趣的,可爱的
- This year, all my visits in China will be cold calls. cold call (名词)意外访问, 拜访以前从未见过的人,或给预期的客户打电话,希望能够卖些东西给他们
- This new music album is the bomb; it is too good to be true. the bomb (名词)非常好的,最好的, 好的没得说
- His parents are too tight-fisted! They never spend a cent. tight-fisted: (形容词) 过份节俭的。 very frugal; unwilling to spend money unnecessarily.
- I am not a tightwad. tightwad: (名词) 吝啬鬼 someone who is very frugal and unwilling to spend money unnecessarily.
- I have taken the raunchy pictures out. Rated PG-13 for content. 我已经去掉所有的淫秽相片。 现在的内容是PG-13 (老少皆宜)。 Rated PG-13的反义是Rated-R (有些画面少儿不宜)。 这两词通常用于电影业。每部电影EITHER Rated ”PG-13“ OR “Rated-R”。
- Beautiful young girls are too high maintenance. high maintenance (形容词)难对付
- He has been divorced for two years, so he's desperate to get laid. get laid同别人睡觉,(片语)发生性关系
- I've got to go home to have some face time with my parents. face time(名词)与某人当面交谈的时间
- If you quote me, I will deny it. 如果你说那是我说的,我决不会承认的。
- You've got spunk. Spunk = courage
- Fall back! They are in front of us. Damn it! We are cut off. (我们被包围了)
- Surrender now and you will be shown mercy. 现在投降吧,争取从轻发落.