pass out: 昏倒
Eg. The first day of work there nearly made Xiangxi pass out.
头一天上工,祥子就差点发了昏。
Eg. He would pass out if he took one more drink.
要是他再喝一杯的话,他就会醉倒了。
Eg. I feel as though I'm going to pass out.
我感到要昏倒似的。
Eg. If he took one more drink, he would pass out on us.
如果他再喝一杯酒,他就会晕倒在我们身上。
hide out: 躲藏
Eg. He tried to hide out, but the police tracked him down.
他企图隐藏起来,但警察终于把他逮捕归案。
Eg. If we can make It to the woods we can hide out till things settle down.
如果我们可以逃到森林里,我们就可以藏起来了。
Eg. They hide out in an abandoned house on the outskirts of town.
他们藏在镇郊一所废弃的房子里。
burn down: 烧毁
Eg. The story was about a god who wanted to burn down the town.
故事说的是有一个神仙想烧毁这个城市。
Eg. They threatened to burn down our house.
他们威胁要烧毁我们的房子。
Eg. Two hundred house were burn down in the fire which broke out yesterday.
在昨天发生的火灾中,200幢房子被烧掉。
Eg. I would burn my own house down before letting my ex-husband keep it.
我宁愿把房子烧掉也不想让我前夫得到。
on my own: 一己之力
Eg. I tried to stand on my own two feet rather than turned to my parents.
我设法自立而不求助于我的父母。
Eg. I was on my own in those hearings.
我是独自一人参加那些听证会。
Eg. I just want to wander Europe on my own.
我只想独自漫游欧洲。
Eg. It's not easy to get good house help, so I've been battling on my own.
要找个好帮手是不容易的,所以我只能一个人撑持这个家。