Van Buren Supernova,so-called.
所谓的凡布伦超新星
Exploding star.Only appeared in the sky in 1858.
绽开的繁星 1858年才出现
So how could it have been...painted in the 1640s?
所以怎么可能出现在 17世纪40年代的作品里呢
You know, it's interesting. Bohemian stationery,an assassin named after a Prague legend, and you, Miss Wenceslas.
真有意思 信纸产自波西米亚 杀手源于布拉格传说 而你 文思莱丝小姐
This whole case has a distinctly Czech feeling about it.
整个案子无疑和捷克密切相关
Is that where this leads?
是这样的吧
What are we looking at, Inspector?
探长 这案子共涉及几个罪名
Well, criminal conspiracy, fraud,accessory after the fact, at the very least.
有犯罪阴谋共谋犯罪 欺诈罪 至少能算个事后从犯
The murder of the old woman, all the people in the flat...
杀害一位老妇人 整幢公寓的人...
I didn't know anything about that.All those things, please, believe me.
我和这些毫不相干 请相信我 我是清白的
I just wanted my share.The 30 million.
我只想得到我那一份 三千万英镑
I found a little old man in Argentina.A genius—I mean, really.
我在阿根廷找到个小老头 他简直是个天才
Brushwork, immaculate.Could fool anyone.Well, nearly anyone.
画工一流 笔法精准 瞒过了所有人 不过还是被拆穿了
But I didn't know how to go about convincing the world the picture was genuine.
但我当时不知该如何说服世人 这画是真品
It was just an idea.A spark which he blew into a flame.
只是个想法 他却使之变为了现实
Who?I don't know.It's true!
谁 我不知道 千真万确
It took a long time, but eventually I was...put in touch with people.
花费了很长时间 但我最后...还是和那些人扯上了关系
His people...Well, there was never any real contact.
他的人...不过都没有碰面
Just messages...whispers.
只有短信...耳语
And did those whispers have a name?
那些耳语是出自谁呢
Moriarty.
莫里亚蒂