Lightman: Hey,My office.
嘿,来我办公室。
Loker: Before you say anything, it was me.
我先说了吧,是我干的。
I blew up the deal. I went to the SEC.I lied to Foster about it. I still think it was the right thing to do.
是我搞砸了这交易,我向证监会检举。我对Foster说谎。我现在也认为我做的是对的。
But no one else was involved. It was just me.
没有人跟我是同伙,就我一个人。
Lightman: I knew that.
我知道。
Loker: You did?
真的?
Lightman: Yeah. Yeah, I've known that all along.
嗯。嗯,我一直知道。
Loker: Why didn't you say anything?
那你干嘛不说?
Lightman: 'Cause I decided to run a test.
因为我决定做个测试。
Loker: What kind of test? The lawsuit. That was a test? You lied to everyone in the office, so you could treat me like a lab rat?
什么测试?诉讼。这是个测试?你向办公室所有人说谎,好把我当小白鼠玩弄?
Lightman: No. No, I was testing Torres.
不。不,我在测试Torres。
Loker: Why?
为什么?
Lightman: ’Cause I could tell she knew what you'd done.
我看的出来她知道你做了什么。
I mean, there's no surprise there, but you know, we have a lot of secrets here.
这没什么可惊奇的,但是,你知道我们这有很多的秘密。
So, I wanted to see if she could keep one under pressure.
所以我想看看她能不能在压力下守住秘密。
Loker: Are you going to fire her for not turning me in?
你要因为她没告发我而开除她?
Lightman: No, I'd have fired her if she had. Loyalty's crucial here.
不,如果她这么做了才开除她。这里忠诚才重要。
But, you, on the other hand...what you did is inexcusable. And involving her is selfish, disrespectful, and it's plain stupid.
但是另一方面…你做的事情无法原谅。把她牵扯进来是自私的,无礼的,而且非常愚蠢。
Loker: I'll empty my office.
我会清空我的办公室。
Lightman: No, you can stay.
不,你可以留下来。
You can stay, but from now, you'll be paid what you're worth, which is nothing. You're an unpaid intern.
你可以留下来,但现在开始,要按你的价值付薪水,就是没薪水。你是没有薪水的实习生。
It's that or you can leave.
就这样或者你可以离开。