PHOEBE: It's James Bond.
是007。
MONICA: Sorry we're late.
抱歉来迟了。
DR. BURKE: Ah, that's OK, come on in. Um, I'm sorry, is Monica Geller coming? I was told she was.
没关系,请进。对不起,盖勒摩妮卡来不来?我听说她要来。
MONICA: Dr. Burke, it, it's me.
柏大夫,是我
DR. BURKE: Monica? My God you used to be so. . . I mean you, you, you, you must have lost like. . . You look great.
摩妮卡?老天,你以前好…我是说你…你一定减了…你美极了。
MONICA: Thank you. This is my friend Phoebe. She's gonna be helping me tonight.
谢谢。这是我朋友菲此她今天晚上来帮忙。
DR. BURKE: Hi Phoebe, nice to meet you. So, how ya been?
菲此,幸会。你近来如何?
MONICA: I've been great, just great. How have you been?
很好呀,很好,你呢?
DR. BURKE: Oh, well obviously you know Barbara and I split up, otherwise you wouldn't have done the head tilt.
你大概也知道我跟芭芭拉分手了…不然你不会来歪头那一招。
MONICA: The head tilt?
歪头?
DR. BURKE: Yeah, since the divorce, when anybody asks me how I am, it's always with a sympathetic head tilt. 'How ya doin'? You OK?'
对,自从离了婚当别人向我问好时…他们总是同情地歪头问”你好吗?不要紧吧?”
MONICA: I'm sorry.
对不起。
DR. BURKE: No no, it, it's fine, believe me. I do it too. I always answer with the 'I'm OK' head bob. 'I'm OK.' 'You sure?' 'Yeah, I'm fine.' Hey listen, I've got to set up the music. I got a new CD changer, of course the divorce only left me with 4 CD's to change.
不…没关系相信我,我也一样。我总是以点头来表示”我没事””你确定?””对,我没事”。听着,我得去放音乐了我有个自动换片音响。当然了,离婚的结果我只剩四张CD可换了。
MONICA: Oh, that's too bad.
真不幸。
DR. BURKE: I'll survive.
死不了的。