If you want a child properly educated,
如果你像一个孩子受到很好的教育
you’ve got to send them back home.
最好把他送回家
But you can’t be in two places at once.
但你又不能同时在两个地方
And I thought it was my duty...
我想我的职责就是
to stay with Henry.
很亨利在一起
Yes.
是的
But they’ve done a terrific job on her.
可是他们在她身上的工作可令人害怕
We’re delighted.
我们很快乐
She knows all sorts of things.
她知道各种事情
And it means she’s turned out very self-sufficient, very capable.
这就意味着她变得的很自信 很能干
Exactly the sort of girl one wants to marry out here,
就像那种想嫁到这里的女孩
not some flimsy little miss who’s never left England.
而不是那种从没有离开英国的小家碧玉
she’s ever so fond of you.
她相当的喜欢你
And of course...
当然
Well, she’s lovely, like you say.
是的 她很可爱 就像你说的
But I’m not sure that I...
但我还不确定我…
Love her?
爱她?
I don’t think I knew what love was when I was your age.
我想我在你这个年龄时 也不知道爱是什么
I don’t suppose you do.
我觉得你也不会知道的
Well, what is it like?
那 爱是什么?
Well, it’s, um...
啊 就是 …