本段对话选自Barry Lyndon,《乱世儿女》
Look, here, Redmond, my boy; this is silly business.
听我说,瑞德蒙,孩子,这太愚蠢了。
The girl will Quin, mark my words; and as sure as she does, you'll forget her. Yo' but a boy.
记住我的话,那女孩会嫁给奎恩。跟他结了婚,你就会忘记她。你只是个孩子,
Quin is willing to consider you as such. Right, Quin?
奎恩也是这么想的,对吧,
Oh, mm-hm.
喂,没错。
Now, Dublin's a fine place, and if you have a mind to ride there and town for a month, here's ten guineas at your service.
都柏林是个好地方,如果你愿意到那里待一个月,这里有十基尼够你花的了。
Will that satisfy you,Captain Quin?
能接受吗,奎恩上尉?
Yes, if Mr. Barry will apologize and go to Dublin...I will consider the whole affair honorably settled.
当然,如果巴利先生愿意道歉,并且到都柏林去…我会认为问题都妥善解决了。
Say you're sorry, Redmond. You can easily say that.
快道歉吧,瑞德蒙。跟他道歉,很简单的。
I'm not sorry. And I'll not apologize. And I'd as soon go to Dublin as to hell.
我没觉得我错了,我不要道歉,我不要去都柏林。
Then there's nothing else for it. God bless you.
那么我们别无他法了,上帝祝福你。
This isn't my pistol.
这不是我的枪。
It's all right,it's one of mine.
没关系,这是我的枪。
Yours will serve, if it's needed, for the next round. Good luck, Redmond.
如果进行下一个轮决斗,我们再用你的枪。祝你妤运。