What are they all about?
他们都做些什么
We basically work on different environment issues
基本上说我们所作的都和环境相关
from clean water to disarmament of chemical weapons.
从水污染到化学武器消除都做
International laws that deal with the environment.
国际法中有和环境相关的条款
What do you do for them? We're going this way.
你为他们做什么呢 我们从这边走
Different things.
不同的事
Like, last year I was in india for a while, working on a watertreatment plant.
就像去年,我在印度呆了一阵子 帮忙处理一个水处理厂的事务
Well, the cotton industry there is a major source of pollution, so.
唔,那儿的棉花工业是 个主要的污染源,所以
I mean, it sounds like you're actually doing something.
我觉得,听起来好像你确实在做实事
Most people, myself included, just sit around and bitch.
绝大多数的人,包括我在内 只是坐在那儿TMD发牢骚
You know, how America's consuming all the world's resources, SUVs suck
美国人在怎样消耗世界的资源吗,SUV真差劲
global warming is real
全球气候在变暖
I'm relieved to hear you're not one of those "freedom fries" Americans.
你不是那种张口闭口谈政治 的美国人我就放心了
Hey, you know. But how'd you get into that?
嗨,你知道 但是你怎么想到要做这种工作呢
I came out of political science, hoping to work for the government.
我原来学的是政治 本想为政府工作
And I did for a little while. Terrible. Not good?
而且我确实做过一阵儿。太可怕了 不好吗
Yeah, no. Anyway, I got really tired Let's go this way.
是的,不好。总之,我受够了 我们从这儿走