And he's also a vegetarian.
他也是一个素食主义者
You're just in time, Lola.
你正好赶趟,洛拉
Quickly.
快
I'm telling all the others about this idea that I have had
我正在向其他人介绍 关于
for our production of "Pygmalion."
《皮格马利翁》的一些想法
Now, as you know, "Pygmalion" is a play
大家都知道, 《皮格马利翁》
which takes place in old-timey London.
是发生在旧时的伦敦 的一个故事
My idea is that we will set our production of "Pygmalion"
我认为我们排演的《皮格马利翁》
in modern-day New York.
应该发生在现代的纽约
And Eliza will be a checkout girl at a supermarket,
相应的, 伊莱扎变成一个超市的收银小姐
And Professor Higgins will be a professor at NYU.
希金斯教授变成纽约大学的教授
That is such a brilliant idea.
这个主意太好了
That's gonna give the play new resonance
这将给这出戏带来 新的反响
and immediacy for today.
并显得更贴近现代
You mean it was your idea?
你是说这是你的主意吗?
Yes, Lola, it's my idea.
对,洛拉,这是我的主意
I know I'm just a teacher, but I am capable of thought.
我知道我只是一名普通的教师, 但我有足够的能力进行思考
Now, since we're going hip and modern,
为了显得更加时髦
I have also added contemporary songs.
我还加了一些当代的歌曲
And I am calling it "Eliza Rocks"!
我准备称之为 “伊莱扎摇滚”!
Now, each of you will be singing a song for me of your choice,
现在,你们每个人 选一首歌唱
and then you'll be reading a scene for me.
然后再选一小段读给我听