You're excused.
你可以走了
In honor of my grandfather, I should have hit her with a brick.
以纪念外公的名义 我真该拿板砖拍她
Hi, Mama. You look good.
嗨 妈妈 你看上去真不错
And that's my grandmother, Maxine.
那就是我外婆 Maxine
She was the only woman who could out-snob my mother.
她是唯一能对老妈挑三拣四的人
Your hair smells funny.
你的头发闻着真奇怪
Are you still using that cheap perm?
你是不是还用那没档次的烫发剂呢?
Dark and Lovely?
"黑又靓"牌的?
Look at mine. It's beautiful.
瞧瞧我的 这才叫美呢
It's beautiful, isn't it?
真的很美 不是吗?
Good to see you too, Mama.
我也很高兴见到你 妈妈
That's my Aunt Charlotte,
那是我的Charlotte阿姨
but we called her Grievey, because we only saw her at funerals.
可我们都管她叫眼泪虫 因为只有在葬礼上才能见到她
No birthdays, no weddings. Just funerals.
生日不行 婚礼不行 只有葬礼
Girl, I haven't seen you since Cheryl's funeral.
姐妹 自从Cheryl的葬礼后 我就再没见过你了
I know, I know, I know...
哦我知道 我知道 不哭了...
Grievey, stop crying. Come on.
眼泪虫 别哭了 来吧
Okay, okay, let me go. Grievey!
好了 好了 放开我吧 眼泪虫
Come on, come on.
来吧 过来
Come on.
过来啊
That's Aunt Mousey.
那是"小耗子"阿姨
We called her that because she talked like a mouse
我们那么叫她是因为她说话轻的像只老鼠
and she only spoke when spoken directly to.
而且只有直冲着她说话 她才会开口
Hi, Aunt Mousey.
嗨 小耗子阿姨
How you doing?
最近好吗?
Fine. Huh?
凑和 什么?
My Uncle Michael was almost 40 and never had a job.
我舅舅Michael都快40岁了 还从没工作过
He put the "um" in "bum."
他游手好闲的都快成精了
How you doing? Hey, sis, how you doing?
你好吗? 嘿 妹妹 你好吗?
Good. Y'all got something to eat?
不错 你们有吃的吗?
Yeah, we just...
有啊 我们刚...
I think he saw a job chasing him.
我估计他是看见工作追过来了...
Hey, Shaft.
嘿 麻杆儿
That's too bad about your grandpa.
你外公的去世真是不幸
Sorry.
抱歉
Really? Yeah. I mean...
说真的 是啊 我是说...
who's going to teach you how to tap dance now?
以后谁教你踢趿舞啊?
Later that day, he beat up a Chinese kid in my honor.
那天晚些时候 他以我为名暴打了个中国小孩
Oh, here you are. Hey, everybody.
哦你们回来了 嘿 大家好
Hey, everybody.
嘿 大家好啊
Good to see you.
看见你真高兴
I'm going to, uh, take Michael and Charlotte upstairs to get situated.
我要去 呃 带Michael 和Charlotte去楼上安顿好床铺
Are you okay, Mousey? Fine.
你没事吧 小耗子? 没
Okay.
好吧
Um, come on, upstairs, follow me.
呃 来吧 上楼 跟我来
Julius, shouldn't you be at work already?
Julius 你不是该在工作了吗?
Hey, you know I'm on my way.
嘿 你知道的我正要去呢
I just came by to say hi real quick.
我就是顺道来简单问个好
How are you? Well as can be expected.
你还好吗? 不能更好了
You know, Gene and I were married for 40 years.
知道吗 Gene和我结婚40年了
I hope Rochelle and me make it that far.
我真希望我和Rochelle也能那么长久
The way she keeps this house,
就她那么打理这家
I'm surprised you haven't left already.
你还没离开都让我吃惊
My grandmother always criticized everything my mother did.
外婆对我老妈做的所有事都吹毛求疵
Mama, you like my coat?
妈妈 你喜欢我的外套吗?
It's all leather.
是真皮的
Oh... feels rubbery.
哦...摸着像是橡胶的
Feel mine.
摸摸我的
Italian leather.
意大利进口皮革
At home, even though my mother seemed to be keeping it together,
而在家里 即使看上去 老妈在竭力控制局面
the house was falling apart.
它还是在崩溃
Rochelle, can you change the channel?
Rochelle 能帮我换个台吗?
Sure, no problem.
当然了 没问题
They were treating her like she was me!
他们是在把她像我似的支使呢
Rochelle, you going to help me pick out this casket,
Rochelle 你是打算帮我一起挑个棺材呢
or do I have to do it by myself?
还是全得我自己来?
Oh, sure, Mama, I'll help you in a minute.
哦当然了 妈妈 我马上就来帮你
Oh, 'Chellie, get me a glass of iced tea.
哦 Chellie 给我弄杯冰爽茶来
Sure, Mama.
没问题 妈妈
Tea for Mom...
给妈妈的茶...
Damn it! What?
该死的 怎么啦?
You ever had the feeling
你有没有过即将
you're about to get smacked upside the head with a yo-yo?
被一个溜溜球拍的七荤八素的感觉?
Here, baby. Be more careful.
给你 宝贝 小心着点
You're not mad?
你不生气?
No. Why would I be mad?
没有 我干吗要生气?
Here, Mama.
给你 妈妈
This tea tastes funny.
这茶味道真怪
What kind is it?
什么牌子的?
I think it's Lipton.
是立顿的吧
Mm-mm, tastes like Nestea.
不对 像是雀巢的
It's Lipton.
是立顿的
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
Want a Turtle?
来块乌龟糖吗?
My mother offering me a Turtle?
老妈问我要不要吃乌龟糖?!
In her world, that's a cry for help.
在她的世界里 那可就是呼喊求救了
Mm, no thanks.
呃 谢谢不用了
You okay, Mom?
你没事吧 老妈?
I'm fine.
挺好的啊
You sure you don't want a Turtle?
你确定不想来一块儿?
What was that for?
这是为了什么?
I just wanted to let you know that I love you.
就想让你知道我爱你
Since my father was working extra hours and my mother wasn't being herself,
既然老爸要加班 而老妈根本不在状态
I decided to pick up the slack the best way I knew how.
我决定尽我所能自己来收拾残局了
Tonya, you go make up your bed.
Tonya 你去铺床
Drew, you clean up in here.
Drew 你把这打扫干净了
Sitting in here playing cards...
居然坐这玩牌...
This was going to be harder than I thought.
这可比我想象中困难多了
Turn that mess down!
关轻点儿!
You trying to make everyone in the house deaf?
你想让家里所有人都变成聋子?!?
Take your feet off the table.
把脚从桌上挪开
Rochelle, tomorrow, we're going to the funeral home to pick out a casket.
Rochelle 明天我们要去殡仪馆选一副棺材
Please dress presentably.
拜托一定要穿的体面些
I don't want him to think that we can't afford a decent casket.
我可不想人家认为我们 买不起一副好棺材
Sure, Mama.
知道了 妈妈
You okay, baby? You need to sit down? Oh, no, I'm fine.
你还好吗 宝贝?要坐这吗? - 哦不用了 我挺好
As bad as she felt, I didn't know it was about to get worse.
她已经觉得糟糕透顶了 我还不知道就要更糟了
Rochelle, can't you make a decent glass of iced tea? Rochelle
你难道连杯像样的冰爽茶都做不出?
Well, can't you leave her alone?
够了 你就不能别再对她叽叽歪歪的了吗?!
It's iced tea!
不就是杯冰爽茶吗
If you're thirsty, well, then you drink it!
你要是渴 那很好 喝了它
If you're not, don't!
要是不渴 就别喝!
I might be joining my grandfather sooner than I thought.
可能我会比自己想象的 快得多的去和外公会合了
Are you going to sit there and let that boy talk to me like that?
你难道打算坐那什么也不管 就由着这小鬼这么对我说话?!
Boy, don't you know I'll knock you into another family?
小子 你就不怕我一巴掌把你扇别人家去?!