As class president,
我以为当了班长
I thought things would change for me,
处境会有所变化
but I couldn't have been more wrong.
但我大错特错了
When you two are done,see me in my office.
你们两个打完后来办公室见我
Who are you?
你是谁?
Mr. Edwards. New principal.
Edwards老师 新校长
You were fighting.
你们在打架
Why?
为什么?
'Cause he hates black people,
因为他恨黑人
and I'm a black person.
而我是个黑人
That's a lie. I love Michael Jordan.
他撒谎 我喜欢迈克尔·乔丹
I think Gary Coleman is hysterical.
觉得"盖瑞寇曼"很滑稽 (红极一时的搞笑黑人童星)
And don't even get me started about Billy Ocean.
更不用说有多喜欢"比利欧生"了 (黑人灵魂乐手)
"Caribbean Queen. "
"加勒比皇后 "
That's a very good song.
这首歌不错
See?
说了吧?
Just because you watch Soul Train don't make you Don Cornelius.
你看过灵魂列车 不等于你能成为"唐-康纳琉斯" (唐-康纳琉斯:灵魂列车音乐大奖制作人)
Mr. Edwards,he has been picking on me
Edwards先生 他从我第一天进学校
since the first day I came to this school.
就一直找我的茬
Is that true?
是这样的吗?
Yeah.
是的
All right,Caruso,you can go.
好了 Caruso 你可以走了
What?
什么?
Why?
为什么?
Before coming to Corleone,
来Corleone之前
Principal Edwards was on a self-imposed,
Edwards校长有自我强迫症
three-year vow of silence.
沉默寡言了三年
Keep your filthy hands off of my school lunch program!
不许你的脏手碰我的学校午餐项目!
You get the hell out...!
你滚出去...!
Which he allegedly began two minutes after cursing like a madman
据说他像疯了一样大声咒骂
and knocking out the teeth of his former boss.
并把以前老板的牙齿都打掉了
Have you ever consered the possibility
你有没有想过
this is your fault?
可能是你错了?
That's what they said to Rodney ng.
他们就是这么对"罗德尼·金"说的 (罗德尼·金一案: 殴打金的白人警察被判无罪)
My fault?
我的错?
He's threatened by you,Chris.
他受到了你的威胁Chris
Your very presence makes him doubt
你的出现让他质疑
his ability to succeed.
自己能否取得成功
He always succeeds in punching in the face.
他总能成功地给我的脸一拳
He's using you as a manifestation of his angst.
他觉得你是他不安的来源
Subsequently,he's trying to quell his anxie by conquering you,
所以 他要征服你以消除他的不安
thereby conquering his fear.
以此来克服他的恐惧
By punching me in the face?
所以要给我的脸一拳?
Exactly.
正确
So you want me to just let him do it?
所以你要我纵容他的行为?
Have you thought about trying to see things
你有没有尝试
from his point of view?
站在他的立场上思考?
So you want me to punch him in the face?
所以你想让我给他的脸一拳?
No.
不
Have you ever seen the film The Defiant Ones?
看过逃狱惊魂吗?
The Defiant Ones? No. What's that?
逃狱惊魂? 没有 是什么?
Two men are shackled together
两个人被铐在一起
while trying to escape from prison
他们要越狱
one white,one black,one educated,one...
一个白人 一个黑人 一个受过教育 一个...
They learn they have to depend on each other or perish.
他们知道只能共存亡
That's what I'm going to do for you.
我也要对你们这么做
You're going to chain us together and put us in jail?
你要把我们铐在一起送进监狱?
Yeah! Figuratively.
对! 相似的做法
I'm taking some students on a field trip tomorrow.
我明天要带学生做实地考察
You and Caruso are going to come along.
你和Caruso也来
Have your mother sign this.
让你妈妈签这个
To help you and Caruso
让你和Caruso
learn to depend on each other,
学会互相依靠
I'm going to employ the buddy system.
我要采用伙伴制
The buddy system?
伙伴制?
Chris,you and Caruso are going to be buddies.
Chris 你和Caruso会成为伙伴
Just like the Crips and the Bloods.
就好像Crips和Bloods(两个黑社会帮派组织)?
well i was perfent Caruso in a whole new way,
我正准备看见一个全新的Caruso
Tonya was working on a new look,too.
而Tonya也打算弄个新形象
Mom...
妈妈...
can I borrow your clip-on hoop earrings?
我能借你那个带夹子的环形耳环吗?
No.
不行
But all my friends are wearing pink shirts and hoop earrings.
但我所有的朋友都穿粉裙子 戴环形耳环
I'm not your friends' mother.
我不是你朋友的妈妈
I don't know,Mom. Earrings may draw away attention from her big,old head.
妈妈,也许戴个耳环别人就不会注意她的大脑袋了
You got a big head.
你才是大脑袋
You're head-mo-knotty, got more head than you got body.
你头大身小
Your head so big,your hat got two floors.
你的头太大了 帽子有两层楼高
Your head so big,you got to put on your shirts feet first.
你的头太大 上衣只能从脚下开始穿
Your head so big,it has a moon.
你大头大 像月球
Eh,hey- all right. Enough now.
嘿- 够了
Tonya,why don't you wear your flower earrings?
Tonya 为什么不戴花耳环?
u're too young for hoops, that's women's jewelry.
你太小了不能戴环形耳环 那是成年女人的首饰
And I'm not going to have people looking at my daughter like that.
我能让别人以那种眼光看我女儿吗
Like what? Like this.
什么眼光? -这种眼光
You see the earrings on that girl?
看见那女孩的耳环了吗?
Everybody else has them.
别人都有
Well,if everybody else got a butt whooping,
别人屁股挨板子
would you want one,too?
你也要吗?
Where's Chris? He left early.
Chris呢? 他早走了
He had to go on a field trip.
他得去做实地考察
hey Dad, Check it out. I got a hundred on my spelling test.
嘿 爸爸 看一下 我的拼写测验得了一百分
All right. My man!
不错啊 儿子!
I was thinking...
我在想...
Could I get a hockey jersey since I got a hundred on my test?
能给我买件曲棍球衫吗 因为我考了满分?
You're supposed to get a hundred, you don't get a prize for doing well.
考满分是应该的 做了好也不会有奖励
My father never rewarded good behavior.
我爸爸从不奖励好人好事
Dad,I cleaned out the tub.
爸爸 我把浴缸洗干净了
You're supposed to clean the tub, it's your dirt ring.
本来就该你洗 你最脏
Hey,Dad. I fixed the heater.
爸爸 我把暖气修好了