手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋第一季 > 正文

纸牌屋第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第64期:投砖事件

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

No one can prove anything. So that's the most cogent response.

没人拿得出证据,这是最有力的回应
Well, go on TV and say that.
那就上电视解释啊
You deplore violence in any form.
你憎恶任何形式的暴力
It's congress that should take responsibility.
应当负责任的是国会
I don't want to degenerate to Frank's level.
我不想自贬到弗兰克的档次
We need to kill this brick thing.
我们要解决砖头的事
It's distracting people from the issues.
否则人们的注意力都被转移了
纸牌屋第一季.jpg

She's right. It'll eat up one cycle, and it'll disappear.

她说的对,故事传一圈就没了
No. This story is getting traction.
不,投砖事件越来越受瞩目
Support for the strike is dipping.
罢工支持率正在下降
So is the president's approval ratings.
总统支持率不也是吗
But he gets to say in the
不管怎样
oval office another three years, no matter what.
他还能继续执掌白宫三年
We can't afford another three weeks.
我们可再拖不起三个星期了
When I told the unions to strike,
我鼓动工会罢工时
I told them to prepare for the long haul, all right?
跟他们说了这会是持久战
Their accounts dry up, we keep going.
即使把他们拖穷了,我们也得继续
We figure it out.
我们会想出办法的
I am not going to blink over something like this.
这事我不能就这么不清不楚地认了
Fine. But if we lose the public relations battle,
话是这么说,但我们要是输了公关
none of that does us any good.
对谁也没有好处
Frank wants us on the defensive.
弗兰克想迫使我们采取防守
I think this story is going to blow over.
我认为投砖事件会平息的
If I'm wrong, we'll reevaluate.
要是我错了,我们再做定夺
But I wanna give it another day or two first. Okay?
但我想再坚持一两天,好吗
Hi, Adam.
亚当
You all right? I saw the news.
你没事吧,我看了新闻
Yes, I'm fine.
我没事
That's gotta rattle the nerves
肯定让人很不安吧
a brick coming through the window.
砖头从窗户砸了进来
It did, some.
是有点
So are you staying in the house?
你现在还住在家里吗
We've got extra security now, so...
已经加派了保安,所以...
Well, um, it made me think of you,
我老是担心你
so I figured I'd just check in.
就想着打个电话问候一声
I appreciate that.
谢谢你了
We still haven't talked, have we?
我们还没谈呢
There's no need to. I think we should.
没必要谈了,我觉得要的
Here's how I see it.
我是这么想的
You asked me to come down. I did.
你要我过去,我就来了
We both had ideas about what that could mean.
我们各自对此有自己的想法
Probably very similar ideas.
或许还很相像
But then you changed your mind.
但随后你又改了主意
So be it.
顺其自然吧
There's no reason we can't be in touch or remain friends.
我们没理由不能保持联络,继续做朋友
Let's not fool ourselves, Adam.
我们不要再欺骗自己了,亚当
So I won't call again.
那我不能再打给你了吗
Done. I'm not saying that.
就此结束,我不是这个意思
What are you saying?
那你什么意思
I just called because I care about you.
我关心你才给你打电话
No agenda.
没别的意思
If you wanna talk again, call me.
你要想跟我说话,打给我
If not, I understand. It's up to you.
不想打,我能理解,都随你
You think I'm being unreasonable?
你觉得我是无理取闹了
I think you're doing whatever it is you need to do,
我觉得你在做你该做的事
and I'm not gonna question it.
我不会提出质疑
It was sweet of you to call.
谢谢你打来问候我
Listen, you probably need to get back to work.
你大概得继续工作了
I know I do. I should go.
反正我是的,我得挂了
Yeah. Okay.
好的
Take care. Okay.
保重,好的
Frank, you got a minute? I'll see you inside.
弗兰克,有空吗,待会儿见
I wanna be governor, and I want your help.
我想成为州长,并且需要你帮忙
Am I still on the short list? You are.
我还是候选人吗,是的
I haven't had a drink in over a month. I'm clean.
我已一个多月没酗酒了,我戒了
Is that because I asked, or because it's what you want?
是因为我要求你的,还是你自己要这样
It was about time I took responsibility for myself.
我也该对自己负责了
Taking responsibility is one thing, and it's admirable.
为自己负责是一回事,令人敬佩
But running for governor of a major state is a whole other ball game.
但竞选大州州长,则是另一副局面了
Let me tell you something, Frank.
听我说,弗兰克
I got elected to congress
我能成为国会议员
'cause I seized the moment that opportunity struck.
就是因为我抓住了机遇
You kept me on that list.
你把我留在了候选人名单上
I wanna seize that opportunity.
我想抓住这次机会
If you help me out, I'll give you everything I got.
如果你能帮我,我会倾尽全力
Well, that's all I've been waiting to hear.
要的就是这种气概
All right. I'll tell you what.
好的,听我说
I need to make some calls, check in with some people.
我还要打些电话,找人落实情况
Give me a few days. I'll get back to you.
容我几天时间,我会再找你的
Of course. And, Peter...
好的,还要说一句,彼得...

重点单词   查看全部解释    
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
blink [bliŋk]

想一想再看

vi. 眨眼,闪烁,屈服,视若无睹 vt. 使眨眼,尽力

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
security [si'kju:riti]

想一想再看

n. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券

 
unreasonable [ʌn'ri:znəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不合理的,过度的,不切实际的

 
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
degenerate [di'dʒenəreit]

想一想再看

adj. 堕落的
v. 退化,堕落

联想记忆
agenda [ə'dʒendə]

想一想再看

n. 议事日程

联想记忆
strike [straik]

想一想再看

n. 罢工,打击,殴打
v. 打,撞,罢工,划

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。