手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋第一季 > 正文

纸牌屋第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第66期:为投砖事件道歉

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

He's doing well. He hasn't had a drink in a month.

他干得不错,一个月滴酒不沾
Oh, good for him. I like him.
那好啊,我喜欢他
Oh, good, because he could use your help.
很好,因为他需要你帮忙
How? We're running him for Governor.
怎么帮,我们打算让他竞选州长
Ambitious.
雄心勃勃啊
纸牌屋第1季.jpg

We wanna create jobs in his district.

我们想在他的选区创造工作岗位
It's on the Delaware River.
在特拉华河上
I thought we might be able to put a bill together.
我想我们或许能弄个法案出来
Something with an economic upside.
对经济有促动的
This has to do with the shipyard closing?
这件事和造船厂倒闭有关吗
We need the shipbuilders' support for his campaign.
我们需要造船厂协会支持他的竞选
You think you might be able to draft a bill
你觉得你能起草一个法案
that he can sponsor?
让他发起吗
I'm really trying to focus on international projects, Francis.
我现在的重心在国际项目上,弗兰西斯
Not domestic legislation.
而不是国内立法
I understand, but I could really use your help, Claire.
我知道,但我真的需要你的帮助,克莱尔
Does Catherine Durant still owe us?
凯瑟琳·杜兰特还欠我们人情吗
When you make someone Secretary of State,
你帮谁当上国务卿
they owe you for life.
他们这辈子都欠你的
We're having trouble getting our water filters through Sudanese customs.
我们的滤水器卡在了苏丹海关那里
I'll call from the car. Tomorrow's fine.
我在车上给她打电话,明天也不迟
I would have done that anyway. I know.
反正我也会打,我知道
I'm ready for battle.
我准备好上"战场"了
You wanna come watch?
想来看看吗
No. You go on ahead. Oh, come on.
不用了,你去吧,来吧
Watch me put the final nail in Spinella's coffin.
看我给败军致命的一击
It'll be fun.
很好玩的
Marty.
马蒂
Frank.
弗兰克
Congressman, would you like to respond to that?
议员先生,你想对此做出回应吗
Yes, I would.
我会的
Two billion dollars of taxpayer's money being wasted.
浪费了纳税人二十亿美元
And congress should be ashamed of itself for that, Frank.
国会真该感到羞愧啊,弗兰克
Oh, what? Did congress force the teachers to go on strike, Marty?
怎么,国会强迫教师罢工了吗,马蒂
No, we didn't. Really, Frank?
不,没有,是吗,弗兰克
When you threaten teachers' ability to negotiate as a union,
你拿教师的集体谈判权相要挟
when you threaten their job security,
你威胁他们的工作保障
you threaten their livelihood,
你就威胁到了他们的生计
of course you force them to strike.
当然是你迫使他们起来罢工的
And did we also force them
那也是我们迫使他们
to start throwing bricks at people's houses?
朝人家房子里投砖块吗
You know what? I'm really glad you brought that up,
我很高兴你提到了这事
because you know there's absolutely no proof
你明明知道完全没有证据
that that incident had anything to do with this strike.
证明投砖事件与罢工有任何关系
And I wanna take the opportunity to say publicly
我想借此机会公开声明
that we categorically condemn
我们绝对谴责
any use of violence whatsoever or intimidation.
任何暴力或恐吓行为
What you're saying essentially
你说的不就是
is that you can't control your own people.
你对你的人领导不力吗
That is not what I'm saying.
我不是这个意思
That is what you're saying. You're disorganized.
这就是你的意思,你的人缺乏组织
Disorganized labor.
无组织劳工
You can keep trotting out that phrase all you like,
随你继续重复那个词
but you know what I'd like to do, Frank?
但你知道我想做什么吗,弗兰克
I would like to get back to the issue here of educating our children
我想回到孩子们的教育问题上来
and the fact that congress is not living up to their commitment.
回到国会没有履行承诺上来
Well, you know what I would like?
你知道我想要什么吗
What?
什么
An apology.
一个道歉
If not to me, then to my wife.
即使不向我道歉,那就向我妻子道歉
When that brick came through our window, it was terrifying.
砖头砸破我家窗户时,非常吓人
She's standing right over there.
她现在就站在那儿
Claire? We need camera two on the wife.
克莱尔,把镜头对准议员妻子
Now, why don't you look her in the eye
你能直视她的眼睛
and tell her that your people had nothing to do with that brick?
告诉她你的手下与投砖事件无关吗
Are you serious? Yes.
你是认真的吗,是的
Okay.
好吧
Mrs. Underwood, Claire,
安德伍德太太,克莱尔
I am sincerely sorry
我真的非常抱歉
that you had to go through that ordeal, truly.
你得经历那样的事
And it actually sickens me
这事令我生厌
that someone made you feel unsafe in your own home.
竟然有人让你在自己家感到不安
And I give you my word that to the best of my knowledge,
我向你保证,据我所知
none of our people had anything to do with it.
我的手下,与此事无关
But you know what sickens me more?
你知道我更感到厌恶的是什么吗
That right now, your husband is using you as a prop
就是此时此刻,你丈夫居然想利用你
on national television to try and win a debate.
来赢得国家电视台上的辩论
So I think you're the one that owes your wife an apology, Frank.
所以我觉得你才该向你妻子道歉,弗兰克
And when you're done apologizing,
等你道过歉
can we please get back to the issue here of educating our children?
我们可以回到教育问题上来吗
No. You've got this wrong, Marty.
你搞错了,马蒂
There is no "You" And "I" in education.
教育中没有"你"和"我"
Well, I mean, yes, there's the letters
"教育"一词里是有
"U" and "I" are in the word "Education."
"U"和"I"这两个字母
But "Education" with a capital E...
但以E开头的"教育"...
You know what I'm talking about.
你懂我的意思
I don't think I do.
我不知道
Yes, you do, Marty.
不,你知道的,马蒂
U and I Education.
U和I,教育
So, what, we're gonna waste the
怎么,接下来的辩论
rest of this debate naming all the vowels in
要浪费在念"教育"的元音字母上吗
I'm happy to play the vowel game.
我很愿意玩元音字母游戏
You wanna play the vowel game with me?
你想玩玩吗
All right. U think I O
好的,你觉得我欠
U A apology.
你一个道歉
But no, no, no.
但你搞错了
U o I...
你欠我...

重点单词   查看全部解释    
vowel ['vauəl]

想一想再看

n. 母音,元音

 
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
district ['distrikt]

想一想再看

n. 区,地区,行政区
vt. 把 ... 划

 
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
domestic [də'mestik]

想一想再看

adj. 国内的,家庭的,驯养的
n. 家仆,

 
apology [ə'pɔlədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 道歉;勉强的替代物

联想记忆
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 
condemn [kən'dem]

想一想再看

vt. 谴责,判刑
vt. 宣告(建筑)

联想记忆
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
ambitious [æm'biʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 有雄心的,有抱负的,野心勃勃的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。