Desperate Housewives,《绝望的主妇》
A:Yeah, I'd loan you the money myself, but Edie and I just plopped down our savings in a ski condo and...
甲:我本来可以自己借钱给你,可艾迪和我已经把积蓄都花在一间滑雪公寓上了…
B:I don't need a loan.I need coverage.I mean, what if there are complications? I don't have a safety net.Oh, my god, please!
乙:我不需要借钱。我需要保险。我的意思是,如果有并发症该怎么办?我连一点保 障也没有。哦,我的天哪,求你了!
A:What in the hell are you doing?
甲:你到底在干吗?
B:I'm saying a little prayer.
乙:我在祈祷。
A:Oh, for puke's sake...
甲:啊,恶心死了…
B:Well, what? I'm desperate here.Do you have any other ideas?
乙:怎么?我已经走投无路了。你还有其他办法吗?
A:As a matter of fact, I do.What you need is a husband.
甲:其实,我有办法,你需要的,是个丈夫。
B:(scoffs)What?
乙:(嘲笑地说)什么?
A:The only way to get a good health plan is to marry into one.
甲:获得健康规划的唯一办法就是嫁人。
B:Edie, come on.
乙:艾迪,拜托。
A:No, no, I think she's onto something.
甲:别,别,我觉得她说得挺有道理的。
B:Yeah.If we find a guy with the right plan, you could have a sham wedding on a Monday night and be fully covered Tuesday morning.
乙:是啊,如果我们找到了合适人选,你周一晚上就可以有一个假婚礼,周二就有医保了。